Pascoe Law FirmU Turn Car Accident
Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.
U-Turn Car Accident Lawyer
Auto Accident Attorney for People Injured in U-Turn Accidents
Protect Your Legal Rights Following A U-Turn Auto Accident
The Different Types of U-turn Accidents and Who is Affected
Negligent U-turn maneuvers have the potential to cause major accidents that require complex and extensive litigation to resolve. Some accidents resulting from improper U-turns include:
- Collision with oncoming vehicle — Occurring most often when the driver acts too soon or fails to provide the right of way to oncoming vehicles.
- Multiple vehicle accidents — Chain reaction accidents typically occur because of a reckless or negligent U-turn when the angle of impact causes one vehicle to slide into oncoming traffic or into other vehicles occupying the intersection. These accidents can be difficult to litigate because of the complexity in establishing which parties are liable and to what extent.
- Motorcycle accident — Motorcyclists can be difficult to notice and are often the victims of accidents involving other drivers who fail to see them or provide the same rights to them that all vehicles sharing the road deserve.
- Injury to pedestrian — Whenever a crosswalk is present at an intersection, pedestrians must be given the right of way and it is a common error for motorists not to notice a pedestrian crossing when in the midst of making a U-turn.
Factors that Contribute to Texas U-Turn Accidents
Even when it is legal to make a U-turn, it is paramount that motorists do so in a safe manner. A U-turn must be made from the correct lane and location in the road. Below are the some of the most common contributing factors to U-turn accidents.
- Failure to obey traffic signal — Drivers making U-turns or motorists in oncoming vehicles may fail to obey a changing traffic signal, resulting in a collision. Whenever drivers disobey traffic control devices and accidents are likely to occur.
- Making a U-turn from an improper location — Some drivers attempt to make a U-turn from the right of two adjacent left turn lanes, from a parking space or in a location where there are NO U-TURN signs are present. It is important that drivers only make U-turns from positions where it is both legal to do so and where they have complete awareness of surroundings.
- Adverse weather — Adverse weather conditions including extreme and sudden storms can limit driver visibility or reduce traction, which can cause accidents. In some U-turn cases, direct sunlight can make it difficult for drivers to see.
- Making a U-turn without looking or yielding — When drivers are in a hurry, they can make brash and irrational decisions.
Contact A Friendswood, League City, Webster U-Turn Car Accident Lawyer Today!
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Channelview, Cypress, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place and throughout Texas.