Pascoe Law FirmMercer Transportation Truck Accident Attorney
Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.
Mercer Transportation Truck Accident Attorney
Mercer Transportation Co., Inc.
1128 West St.
Louisville, KY 40203
(800) 433-8512 (toll-free)
(502) 584-2301 (local)
Website Address: http://mercer-trans.com/
Filing a Compensation Lawsuit for Personal Injuries Related to a Truck Accident
Any individual injured in a collision with a semi-tractor-trailer, cargo van, a commercial vehicle can seek financial compensation through a lawsuit or claim against any responsible party at fault for the crash. However, the victim must follow Texas tort laws to build and present a case for compensation. Often, the process is complicated. The injured victim typically has the right to file a claim for compensation or lawsuit against all responsible parties to negotiate an acceptable out of court settlement or litigate the case in front of a judge and jury.
Any victim can file a truck accident claim if they have been injured or suffered losses, or wrongful death. A full recovery will ensure they have adequate compensation for:
- The cost of hospital expenses, medical treatment, and therapy
- Lost income because of missed work: Loss of future earnings due to temporary or permanent disability
- Rental car reimbursement while your car is under repair
- The cost of replacement of your total car or truck
- Emotional stress and mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
Common Causes of a Large Commercial Vehicle Accident
According to the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), many accidents in the United States, including large commercial trucks involve:
- Aggressive Behavior – Any driver operating their vehicle aggressively could cause severe injury or wrongful death of an innocent passenger or other motorists.
- Distracted Driving – Any distraction like speaking on a smartphone or sending text messages is prohibited by law and creates a dangerous scenario for everyone sharing the roadway.
- Driving Under the Influence – Taking drugs or consuming too much alcohol and operating a motor vehicle can create a dangerous scenario for everyone sharing the road.
- Drowsy Driving – The demands of truck driving often requires the truck or to operate their vehicle for many hours without taking a break, which can lead to drowsy driving.
- Faulty Truck Tires and Wheels – Faulty or malfunctioning components can lead to severe issues, including break-related crashes or blown tire accidents.
- Improper Loading – If the loading and unloading crew inappropriately loads the cargo and fails to strep the merchandise and supplies, their inexperience or lack of judgment could cause problems, including difficulty in maneuvering the truck, jackknifing, or rollover.
Sometimes, the commercial trucker is found to be responsible for causing an accident because of their erratic movements because they are tired, fatigued, or meeting the demands of the tight schedule. In these cases, the trucker and the trucking company should be held legally liable for causing the crash and all the costs associated with injuries or wrongful death of innocent victims.
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.