Pascoe Law FirmAAA Cooper Transportation Truck Accident Attorney
Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.
Filing a Compensation Lawsuit for Personal Injuries Related to a Truck Accident
Any victim has suffered an injury or lost a loved one because of a large commercial truck accident can file a lawsuit and seek damages from every party at fault. An attorney can resolve your case successfully by following complicated Texas tort laws when filing for compensation with the claims adjuster or presenting evidence in front of a judge and jury. Sometimes, the injured victim will file a claim or lawsuit to recover all of their losses through negotiations with insurance companies or litigation in court to hold the trucking company responsible for damages.
Trucking accident claims for monetary recovery provide an avenue for victims to obtain financial compensation for their damages involving:
- Hospital bills, medical expenses, and the cost of rehabilitation and therapy
- Loss of past wages due to time away from work: Lost earnings (diminished current and future earnings)
- Car rental while your vehicle is under repair
- Temporary or permanent loss of your truck or car
- Emotional stress and mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
Common Causes of Commercial Vehicle Collisions
Statistics by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) revealed many of the common causes associated with large commercial vehicles in the United States that include:
- Distracted Driving – Any distraction like speaking on a smartphone or sending text messages is prohibited by law and creates a dangerous scenario for everyone sharing the roadway.
- Driving Under the Influence – Taking drugs or consuming too much alcohol and operating a motor vehicle can create a dangerous scenario for everyone sharing the road.
- Cutting off a Large Truck – Large commercial vehicles need an exceptionally long area to stop quickly when a sudden stop is required. A truck traveling behind the passenger vehicle may be unable to stop before causing a crash.
- Drowsy Driving – Operating a commercial vehicle over long hours can cause drowsy driving, which could lead to catastrophic harm to innocent victims.
- Aggressive Behavior – Aggressive movement, including traveling at excessive speeds or reckless driving, could result in severe injuries of the wrongful death of innocent victims.
Sometimes, a commercial vehicle driver will cause an accident because of erratic movements, or they were fatigued, having worked too many hours on a tight schedule. In these cases, the trucker and the trucking company should be held legally liable for causing the crash and all the costs associated with injuries or wrongful death of innocent victims.
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.