Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Wrongful Death Lawyer
The laws regarding a wrongful death claim in Texas can be found under the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, Title 4, Liability in Tort, Chapter 71- Subchapter A. A wrongful death claim can relate to many different circumstances involving the negligence of an individual or corporation who causes someone to pass. This could be from a truck accident where the truck driver or trucking company was negligent or from a medical malpractice issue involving a doctor and hospital.
Two Different Types of Wrongful Death Cases
- The first type of wrongful death case occurs is if the individual’s death is not instantaneous after the accident. Under this category the court will look from the time of the negligent action until the death. For example, if when someone is in a deadly car accident or fatal truck accident, survives, and then suffers and eventually passes away. This might happen over hours, days, or even weeks. In this first category, the surviving family or estate may be entitled to recover for their loved ones medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of income, funeral costs for the time that their loved one was alive after the negligent act took place.
- The second type of wrongful death case involves an accident involving a negligent action and the individual does not survive and their death is instant.
Wrongful Death Claim and Causes of Action
Fatal Auto Accidents
Fatal DUI Accident
Fatal Work Injuries
Fatal Construction Accident
Maritime Wrongful Death
Fatal Motorcycle Accidents
Fatal Pedestrian Injuries
Fatal Truck Accident
Fatal 18 Wheeler Accident
Fatal Speeding Accidents
Possible Damages for A Wrongful Death Case
- Financial - lost earning capacity
- Care - lost care, maintenance, support, advice, service that the deceased loved one would have provided for to his surviving family members.
- Emotional Anguish - mental and emotional pain and suffering from losing a loved one in such a tragedy
- Loss of Consortium - marital love, affection, and comfort
- Loss of Inheritance - in some cases if the deceased would have saved and left income to the surviving family of the course of a normal lifetime it can be recoverable as well.
- Exemplary Damages - if the wrongful death was caused by a willful act, omission, or gross negligence, damages may be awarded as “punishment” to the responsible party. This is also known as punitive damages.
Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death
Impact of a Wrongful Death
Lawyer For Wrongful Death Lawsuits In Texas
Areas We Service for Wrongful Death Accidents
Clear Lake City
Clear Lake Shores
Fort Bend County
Memorial City Houston
Taylor Lake Village
West University Place, and
Texas Gulf Coast.
Resources for Wrongful Death Claim
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, McAllen, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, South Houston, South Padre Island, Southbelt Ellington, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 66 reviews.