Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Wrongful Death Lawyer
The laws regarding a wrongful death claim in Texas can be found under the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, Title 4, Liability in Tort, Chapter 71- Subchapter A. A wrongful death claim can relate to many different circumstances involving the negligence of an individual or corporation who causes someone to pass. This could be from a truck accident where the truck driver or trucking company was negligent or from a medical malpractice issue involving a doctor and hospital. Our Wrongful Death Lawyer services the Texas City, Galveston, League City, Baytown, Beaumont, and La Porte, TX areas.
Two Different Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Wrongful Death Claim and Causes of Action
Possible Damages for A Wrongful Death Case
- Financial - lost earning capacity
- Care - lost care, maintenance, support, advice, service that the deceased loved one would have provided for to his surviving family members.
- Emotional Anguish - mental and emotional pain and suffering from losing a loved one in such a tragedy
- Loss of Consortium - marital love, affection, and comfort
- Loss of Inheritance - in some cases if the deceased would have saved and left income to the surviving family of the course of a normal lifetime it can be recoverable as well.
- Exemplary Damages - if the wrongful death was caused by a willful act, omission, or gross negligence, damages may be awarded as “punishment” to the responsible party. This is also known as punitive damages.
Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death
Impact of a Wrongful Death
Lawyer For Wrongful Death Lawsuits In Galveston County
Resources for Wrongful Death Claim
Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Texas
Wrongful Death Claim
Deaths: Preliminary Data for 2011
Deaths: Leading Causes for 2010
Economic Valuation for Wrongful Death
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, McAllen, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, South Houston, South Padre Island, Southbelt Ellington, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 61 reviews.