Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
What To Do After A Rear End Collision?
What to Do When You're Rear Ended
- Take a deep breath, and don’t panic.
- Check for injuries. Seek medical attention for those injured.
- Call the police and report the accident.
- Take pictures and document the positions of the vehicles. Explain to the police officer how the accident occurred.
- Get a copy of the accident report.
Tips for Avoiding Rear End Collisions
- Leave at least two to three car lengths of space between you and the car in front of you.
- Follow at a safe distance and increase this distance if road conditions are slippery.
- Avoid all forms of distracted driving, including eating, talking on the phone, or texting!
- See the big picture. Look for slowing traffic beyond the car in front of you.
- Approach stop signs and red lights gradually. Slow to a stop instead of slamming on your brakes. A hard brake could surprise the driver behind you.
- Check your brake lights and turn signals frequently to make sure they're working.
Talk To An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer About Rear End Accidents
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Channelview, Cypress, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.