Pascoe Law Firm



Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.


Call Today For A Free Consultation



Home » What To Do After A Car Accident

What To Do After A Car Accident

What to do after a car accident?giving tips on what to do after a car accident. We services the Galveston, League City, Friendswood, Clear Lake, Kemah, Baytown, Dickinson, and Texas City, Texas areas.  If you have have suffered personal injuries and need a lawyer, call the Pascoe Law Firm. First and foremost, get medical attention if you need it. Many times after a car accident you feel a little scared, nervous, or little shocked by what has just happened; this is normal. After an accident, adrenaline is pumping through your body due to our natural fight or flight response. The adrenaline might be masking some of the injuries you have suffered due to the car accident, truck accident, or 18 wheeler accident you have just experienced.

First Get Medical Attention After An Auto Accident

Even if you feel okay right after your car accident it is advised that you go see your doctor or chiropractor to make sure you are okay. You have a very short window, typically a couple of days, where your medical visits, bills, and injuries could be covered by your  insurance company or the negligent parties insurance company. After that window the connection between your injuries and the accident come into question.
Many insurance companies then start to question why you didn’t seek medical attention sooner and question if your injuries were really that serious. It is difficult to understand the nature and extent of injuries, especially in the confusing minutes and hours after a car crash. Some conditions may not be obvious for days. This is why our car accident lawyer always advises seeing a doctor or chiropractor immediately after an accident to make sure you are okay and will not have any lingering injuries that might be masked by the adrenaline from the accident. At the Pascoe Law Firm located in League City, Texas, we recommend several other actions after a car accident, but nothing is more important than seeing a doctor. If you do not have health insurance or cannot afford to see a doctor, tell us. In many cases, we are able to advance funds for medical care or write a letter of protection to cover a chiropractic visit.

What to do after a car accident in Galveston, TX?

Gather as much information as you can after a car accident, truck accident, or 18 wheeler accident. This will help a personal injury lawyer fight to protect your legal rights after you have been in a motor vehicle accident. If you are able to at the scene, gather whatever facts you can. Write down how and why the accident happened.
  • Get the names, contact information, and insurance data from the other party in the accident.
  • Get the names and contact information of witnesses and what they said.
  • Get the names of police officers and ambulance personnel.
  • Take pictures. If you cannot, ask a friend or relative to take photos of the scene, the cars involved and your injuries.
  • Remember to use your mobile phone camera, if you do not have another camera available.
  • Always wait for a police officer to write a police report of the accident
  • Get the police reports number.
  • Call us to investigate. The Pascoe Law Firm has investigators available immediately to go to auto accident scenes.
  • Notify your insurance company.
  • Tell them the location of the accident and what happened.

Get An Attorney To Talk To The Insurance Adjuster

Remember, you do not have to talk to the other person’s insurance company. What you say can and will be used against you. The other insurance company will be looking for a mistake in whatever you say. When you are shaken up and in pain from a car accident, you could give confusing statements. A personal injury lawyer can handle all of the communications with insurance companies for you. ​

Galveston County Attorney Representing Car Accident Injury Victims

At the Pascoe Law Firm, we know how insurance companies work and will zealously represent and fight for your legal rights after a car accident.  After a car accident many will face unpaid bills and uncertainty when dealing with an insurance company. One might not know what to do after a car accident.  By hiring a personal injury lawyer the will negotiate on your behalf with the insurance companies. After a car accident has disrupted your life, seeking legal help will help you get things back in the right direction. Our car accident lawyer handles cases of those that have been seriously injured in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or 18 wheeler accident. If you wonder what steps to take after you’ve been in a car accident, turn to the Pascoe Law Firm for answers to your legal questions.
Attorney John D Pascoe

Pascoe Law Firm

1414 S. Friendswood Dr, STE 120,

Friendswood, TX 77546

United States

Phone: 713-829-4317
Get Directions


Email Us

Our car accident lawyer handles cases of those that have been seriously injured in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or 18 wheeler accident. If you wonder what steps to take after you’ve been in a car accident, turn to the Pascoe Law Firm for answers to your legal questions. Our Car Accident Attorney represents individuals who have been injured in vehicle accidents and services the Galveston, Pearland, League City, Friendswood, Kemah, Texas City, La Marque, and Webster areas. Our auto accident attorney can answer your questions about your cases, to talk with an attorney call the Pascoe Law Firm or contact the firm online. The Pascoe Law Firm offers free initial consultations for anyone after a car accident. Contact our Auto Accident Lawyer at 713-829-4317.  Hablamos Español. 

Car Accident Resources – Galveston County / League City

Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, Eagle Shale Ford, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, McAllen, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, South Padre Island, Southbelt Ellington, Taylor Lake Village, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.

Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.