Pascoe Law FirmMOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.
Motorcycle Sudden Stop Collisions Injury Attorney
Sudden Stop Motorcycle Accidents
What are “Sudden Stop Accidents?”
Common Injuries From Sudden Stop Motorcycle Crashes
Some common injuries that may result from a sudden stop motorcycle accident include:
Conversely, being hit from behind by another motor vehicle while that motorcyclist is stopping can throw the biker forward off of his or her bike, causing significant brain trauma, spinal cord injuries, facial disfigurement and potentially prove fatal.
Helping Improve Your Chances in a Sudden Stop Motorcycle Accident
The motorcycle accident lawyer at the Pascoe Law Firm are here to help. We at the Pascoe Law Firm support our motorcyclists, and in doing so encourage mindful, safe motorcycling. Here are a few tips to help you ride more safely:
- Know how luggage or a passenger influences your stop time
- In stop and go traffic, build a cushion between you and the vehicle ahead of you so you can help bring traffic behind you to slower stops
- Build a “space bubble” around you
- Tap your brakes so you signal your brake lights, capturing the attention of drivers behind you
- Always travel a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of you
- Obey speed limits
- Slow down in construction zones, residential areas and school zones
Sudden Stop Collisions Injury Law
The first step after a sudden stop collision is to call the police. You should also collect statements and contact information from witnesses and ask them to remain on the scene until police arrive. Take photos of the accident and call an ambulance or other appropriate emergency service vehicle. Sudden stop collisions result in life-altering injuries such as: