Pascoe Law FirmPERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.
West University Place Personal Injury Lawyer
Proudly Servicing West University Place, TX
What Does Personal Injury Law Cover?
Advocate for Texas Injury Victims
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): A TBI can have permanent neurological effects that impact every aspect of the victim’s life. The long-term cost of medical care can be exorbitant, but if your TBI was caused by the negligence of another person or entity, you may be able to recover compensation for your healthcare expenses and other injury-related costs by filing a personal injury claim.
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs): An SCI is one of the most debilitating injuries a person can suffer. Beyond the emotional trauma endured by victims and their families, the lifetime cost of medical care can exceed $5 million.
- Psychological Injuries: Unexpected accidents are a leading cause of post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and other psychological conditions, which can be just as devastating as physical wounds.
- Burn Injuries: A serious burn injury can result in permanent scarring and intense pain. Our lawyer will help you fight for the compensation you deserve while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Lacerations: A serious cut can lead to infections and scarring. If you were permanently disfigured, you may be entitled to non-economic damages in addition to your economic losses.
- Back and Neck Injuries: Back and neck injuries are a leading cause of chronic pain in the United States. Our Texas personal injury lawyer can review diagnostic imaging and consult medical expert witnesses to determine the extent of your back injury and calculate your damages.
- Eye Injuries: It goes without saying that losing one’s sight is devastating. No amount of compensation can undo such a tragedy, but by filing a personal injury claim, you might be able to recover the money needed to pay for home care, medical treatment, and other necessities.
- Broken & Fractured Bones: Broken and fractured bones are common and are often preventable accidents.
- Soft Tissue Damage: If you suffered an injury to the muscles, ligaments, or tendons, our lawyer can help you pursue a fair settlement for your medical expenses and other losses.
Recovering Damages for Your Injuries
Other Common Types of Personal Injuries Include
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injury
- Child Injuries
- Arm and Hand Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Nerve Injuries
- Herniated disc
- Bulging discs
- Knee injuries
- Degloving Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Dangerous & Defective Equipment Accidents
Winning a Personal Injury Lawsuit in West University Place Texas
In order to succeed in a personal injury lawsuit, there are a number of things one must keep in mind. The first is the statute of limitations. There is only a small window of time in which a person who is injured may file a lawsuit this is called the statute of limitations. That window can vary depending on the facts, but is generally 2 years from the date of injury. There are some situations in which the statute of limitations may be “tolled” or extended, but that should be thought more as an exception rather than the norm. In some injury lawsuits, a settlement may be reached before plaintiff formally files a lawsuit. Most settle prior to trial. However, in those cases that do proceed to trial, the plaintiff (the injured party) is required to show:
- Defendant owed a duty of reasonable care to plaintiff
- Defendant failed to uphold that duty of care
- Defendant failure to uphold duty of care caused plaintiff’s injury
- Plaintiff suffered damage as a result of that breach of duty
In general, we all owe a duty of care to act as a reasonably prudent person would under similar circumstances. Failing to do so would be a breach of duty, and if it results in an injury to another the party that causes the injury could be held liable for negligence.