Pascoe Law FirmVehicle Rollovers
Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.
Car Rollover Accident Lawyer
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, their statistic states that SUV ( which stands for Sports Utility Vehicle) rollover accidents cause 11,000 fatalities each year. Additionally, when a automobile rollover occurs there is a 36% increase in serious injuries caused from an SUV rollover accident. When looking at the statistics 50% of all fatal single vehicle crashes and 90% of single car crashes were reported to have involved a SUV rollover accident . These are alarming statistics when you consider how many people drive SUV vehicles. Vehicle Rollover Accident Lawyer servicing the Galveston, League City, Pearland, Friendswood, Kemah, and Texas City, TX areas. Call our attorney 713-829-4317.
SUV Rollover Accidents Are Dangerous
Common Causes of Rollover Accidents
Four Most Common Types of Rollover Accidents
The four most common types of vehicle rollover include:
- Elevated Ramp Rollover – This occurs when an SUV is driving up and elevated or steep ramp or incline and do to the higher weight associated with these vehicles being top heavy the SUV vehicle will roll backwards.
- Lateral Pull Rollover – This vehicle rollover occurs when an SUV is traveling at fast speed around a curve or turns too quickly. The SUV vehicle will then be pulled by a gravitational force causing the vehicle to lean. This is a common cause for the vehicle rollover to occur due to the gravitational force pulling on the vehicles high center of gravity.
- Rear End Skid Rollover– this is another common type of vehicle rollover that occurs with SUV vehicles. A rear end skid rollover happens when the rear end of the SUV loses traction for its back tires. The vehicle then slides to the left or right causing a quick sideways direction change. If the SUV hits an object while skidding sideways, for example a curb, it can result in a vehicle rollover occurring.
- Off Road Rollover-many drivers of SUV think that their vehicles can go anyplace. While SUVs might be able to travel to many locations a sports car or sedan would not be able to reach. SUV off road rollover often occur due to the driver not know the ground is not even. Many SUV rollover accidents occur when the driver has pushed the vehicle pass it safe point off of the main road or highway.
Common Texas SUV Rollover Injuries
If you were involved in an SUV rollover crash, it’s likely that you suffered at least one of the following types of injury for which you may be able to receive compensation.
- Head and Brain Injuries — When the roof of an SUV collapses in a rollover accident, that may result in serious brain injuries that can affect your normal functions, perhaps for the rest of your life. A person in an SUV rollover crash also may experience skull fractures, or disfiguring facial lacerations from broken glass.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries — Slipped or herniated discs are common in rollover crashes from the force of the impact on your back. A bruised or broken spinal column is another very serious type of injury that may result from a rollover crash.
- Neck Injuries — You may be suffering from whiplash if your head and neck were jerked in a way that caused your neck to overextend. You also may have a herniated or slipped disc in your neck that can be painful and cause nerve damage.
- Chest Injuries — Airbags may help minimize impacts to your chest, but if your airbag fails to deploy or your vehicle doesn’t have an airbag, you may experience broken or bruised ribs or a crushing chest injury.
- Broken Bones — Broken bones are common in forceful impacts. Broken arms, legs, or other bones can be extremely painful and take a long time to heal.
- Soft Tissue Injuries — You may have painful torn or stretched ligaments, muscles, or tendons. This type of injury can affect your ability to move parts of your body, and impede your day-to-day functioning because of the pain.
- Cuts, Scrapes and Bruises — Cuts, scrapes and bruises can be painful and disfiguring
Dealing With Injuries Associated With Rollover Accidents
Many injured in a rollover accidents complain of serious head injuries, broken bones, or worse. Tragically, many innocent bystanders can only suffer personal injuries due to vehicle rollovers when the vehicle loses control and starts flipping, at that point anyone in the way are in danger. If you have suffered personal injury due to a vehicle rollover crash, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer who can protect your legal rights. A personal injury lawyer will investigate what occurred and work to get you any compensation that you may be entitled to receive from the accident. Additionally, you might have a legal cause of action against the car manufacture if the accident was a result of a design flaw or manufacturing error. It is important to speak with a vehicle rollover accident lawyer who is experienced in handling these types of claims. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical Bills
- Pain and Suffering
- Lost Wages
Experienced Rollover Accident Lawyer
Lawyer For Injury Victims Of A Vehicle Rollover Accident
Protect Your Legal Rights Following A SUV Rollover Crash
Rollover and SUV Rollover – Reports and Research – Galveston County / League City
Rollover 101- How Rollovers Happen and What You Can Do to Avoid One
Before You Buy and SUV
An Analysis of Motor Vehicle Rollover Crashes and Injury Outcomes
NHTSA – Vehicle Safety
IIHS – General Statistics for Fatality Facts Involving Passenger Vehicles – SUV Vehicle Rollover Accidents
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Channelview, Cypress, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place and throughout Texas.