Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
U-Turn Car Accident Lawyer
When performing a U-turn the driver needs to make sure that the maneuver is legal and that they yield the right of way to any oncoming traffic. Negligent U-turns accidents commonly cause pedestrian injuries, car accidents with oncoming vehicles, and multiple-car crashes. Whenever motorists make decisions that result in the injury of other individuals, they may be held liable for damages that include the cost of medical care, car repair or replacement, and any lost wages.
At the Pascoe Law Firm, we are committed to holding drivers making negligent U-turns in League City, Friendswood, and Webster fully accountable for injuries they cause to others. Our U-turn car accident lawyer will fight to protect your legal rights in Texas. To receive a free case evaluation, contact our law firm or complete our contact form.
The Different Types of U-turn Accidents and Who is Affected
- Collision with oncoming vehicle — Occurring most often when the driver acts too soon or fails to provide the right of way to oncoming vehicles.
- Multiple vehicle accidents — Chain reaction accidents typically occur because of a reckless or negligent U-turn when the angle of impact causes one vehicle to slide into oncoming traffic or into other vehicles occupying the intersection. These accidents can be difficult to litigate because of the complexity in establishing which parties are liable and to what extent.
- Motorcycle accident — Motorcyclists can be difficult to notice and are often the victims of accidents involving other drivers who fail to see them or provide the same rights to them that all vehicles sharing the road deserve.
- Injury to pedestrian — Whenever a crosswalk is present at an intersection, pedestrians must be given the right of way and it is a common error for motorists not to notice a pedestrian crossing when in the midst of making a U-turn.
Factors that Contribute to Texas U-Turn Accidents
- Failure to obey traffic signal — Drivers making U-turns or motorists in oncoming vehicles may fail to obey a changing traffic signal, resulting in a collision. Whenever drivers disobey traffic control devices and accidents are likely to occur.
- Making a U-turn from an improper location — Some drivers attempt to make a U-turn from the right of two adjacent left turn lanes, from a parking space or in a location where there are NO U-TURN signs are present. It is important that drivers only make U-turns from positions where it is both legal to do so and where they have complete awareness of surroundings.
- Adverse weather — Adverse weather conditions including extreme and sudden storms can limit driver visibility or reduce traction, which can cause accidents. In some U-turn cases, direct sunlight can make it difficult for drivers to see.
- Making a U-turn without looking or yielding — When drivers are in a hurry, they can make brash and irrational decisions.
Contact A Friendswood, League City, Webster U-Turn Car Accident Lawyer Today!
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Dickinson, Deer Park, Freeport, Friendswood, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Manvel, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Santa Fe, Seabrook, South Houston, Southbelt Ellington, Texas City, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Web-page is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 59 reviews.