Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Truck Accident FAQs
I was just involved in a commercial truck accident. What should I do first?
• Call Law Enforcement Immediately – Contact the police and EMT (Emergency Medical Technicians) quickly by dialing 911. There is likely considerable damage to the vehicles, which should remain in the same spot they were in if they do not cause a traffic hazard on the roadway.
• Go to the Emergency Room – Even if you do not believe you are severely injured, you should immediately be transported to the hospital or ER by Emergency Medical Technicians. You might not be aware of the extent of your injuries without a diagnostic examination. The emergency room doctor may order x-rays and perform a comprehensive physical exam to determine if you are bleeding internally or suffered a traumatic head injury, organ damage, broken bones or other severe problem.
• Collect Documentation – You, your companion or friend can collect the names and what happened. You or others can use your smartphone or camera to take photographs of the vehicles involved, the accident scene, and pictures that capture the current weather and road conditions. Every picture you take could be crucial in proving your case in court that the commercial truck driver was at fault for causing your accident.
• Never Apologize for Anything at the Accident Scene – You may be overwhelmed or in shock in the minutes or first hours after the accident occurred. The chaotic situation and the confusion you experience may make you feel guilty for what happened. However, apologizing and declaring you are responsible for causing the accident when you did not do anything wrong could have a severely negative impact on resolving your compensation case. At some point, you will be required to tell your side of the story. However, at that stage, you should speak only on the advice of your attorney.
• Never Sign Anything – The insurance company providing your compensation may want you to sign an affidavit to receive your monetary recovery. However, without legal advice, you could be signing away all your rights to be compensated or certainly a lesser amount than you deserve.
Why are truck accidents more likely to cause fatalities than normal car accidents?
How does the law define a commercial truck?
If I did not cause the commercial truck accident can I sue the truck driver?
Your lawyer may determine that the truck driver received insufficient training, the truck was carrying heavy cargo beyond its capacity, or the load was secured improperly inside the trailer. These negligent actions could cause the commercial vehicle to shift or twist in its lane unexpectedly. The trucking company may be responsible for lack of sufficient maintenance on the vehicle, or the manufacturer might have designed faulty components like defective tires that exploded and caused the accident.
Should I accept the settlement offer from the insurance company?
Do I have the right to negotiate for more compensation?
My loved one died in a trucking accident. Can I sue for compensation?
Does it take long to resolve the trucking accident case?
What does an insurance claim entail?
Can I wait to file my claim for compensation?
I was visiting Texas when the accident occurred. Where do I file my compensation case?
Get help for your injuries from a Truck Accident Attorney
Our truck accident attorney appreciates the significance that a crash can have on you and your loved ones. Our attorney litigates across Texas. Before talking with an insurance representative from an at fault driver's company, let us provide an assessment of your situation and how we may be able to help.
If you have any uncertainties surrounding your truck accident injury, or require a no obligation case evaluation, contact our Truck Accident Lawyer at 713-829-4317 without delay!
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Dickinson, Deer Park, Freeport, Friendswood, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Manvel, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Santa Fe, Seabrook, South Houston, Southbelt Ellington, Texas City, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.