Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Tomball Personal Injury Lawyer
Proudly Servicing Tomball, TX
Every day people suffer unnecessary injury due to the recklessness and negligence of others. Those who cause injury to others must be held accountable. At the Pascoe Law Firm, our Tomball personal injury lawyer fights aggressively to protect the rights of the injured, and to ensure the compensation they receive is just. The goal of the American tort system is to grant those who are injured by others the right to seek compensation for their injuries and damages for the purpose of restoring them. Unfortunately, our legal system is not perfect and not everyone can be fully restored to where they were prior to their injury. We recognize that for many clients their life may never again be the same. Our goal is to try to get you to as close to where you were as possible.
In instances of egregious wrongdoing, we may sometimes request punitive damages, the purpose of which is not just to restore the victim, but to punish the wrongdoer (also sometimes referred to as the “tortfeasor”). These damages may sometimes be triple the original award. At the Pascoe Law Firm, our personal injury attorney represents injury victims and their families. Our injury lawyer is zealously dedicated to seeking justice and known for providing aggressive and effective legal representation. John D. Pascoe has a well-established reputation in the legal community as a personal injury attorney who fights to protect the legal rights of his clients.
What Does Personal Injury Law Cover?
Personal injury laws provide legal recourse for injury victims who sustain bodily harm caused by others. A personal injury claim or lawsuit may arise from a negligent, careless, reckless, or even intentional act. General principles of negligence state we owe a duty of care to others. Any person, corporation, or combination of parties can be negligent if they breach their duty of care. Negligence does not require intent. The conduct that caused the harm only has to fall below the level of care a reasonable person would use under like circumstances. The nature and extent of the duty owed depends on the circumstances. Negligence laws apply when injuries occur due to an unsafe condition, the carelessness of another person, corporation, or organization. In all of these scenarios, negligent parties may be held legally liable and financially responsible for the injuries they cause.
The wrongdoer in a personal injury case may be an individual, a corporation, a small business, a professional, or a combination of these entities. Our personal injury attorney has assisted numerous clients by thoroughly investigating the causes of their injuries, identifying all responsible parties, and seeking justice from all wrongdoers and their insurers.
Advocate for Texas Injury Victims
Personal injury is a broad term that covers many legal issues. We have successfully represented clients in the full range of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including those related to:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): A TBI can have permanent neurological effects that impact every aspect of the victim’s life. The long-term cost of medical care can be exorbitant, but if your TBI was caused by the negligence of another person or entity, you may be able to recover compensation for your healthcare expenses and other injury-related costs by filing a personal injury claim.
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCIs): An SCI is one of the most debilitating injuries a person can suffer. Beyond the emotional trauma endured by victims and their families, the lifetime cost of medical care can exceed $5 million.
- Psychological Injuries: Unexpected accidents are a leading cause of post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and other psychological conditions, which can be just as devastating as physical wounds.
- Burn Injuries: A serious burn injury can result in permanent scarring and intense pain. Our lawyer will help you fight for the compensation you deserve while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Lacerations: A serious cut can lead to infections and scarring. If you were permanently disfigured, you may be entitled to non-economic damages in addition to your economic losses.
- Back and Neck Injuries: Back and neck injuries are a leading cause of chronic pain in the United States. Our Texas personal injury lawyer can review diagnostic imaging and consult medical expert witnesses to determine the extent of your back injury and calculate your damages.
- Eye Injuries: It goes without saying that losing one’s sight is devastating. No amount of compensation can undo such a tragedy, but by filing a personal injury claim, you might be able to recover the money needed to pay for home care, medical treatment, and other necessities.
- Broken & Fractured Bones: Broken and fractured bones are common and are often preventable accidents.
- Soft Tissue Damage: If you suffered an injury to the muscles, ligaments, or tendons, our lawyer can help you pursue a fair settlement for your medical expenses and other losses.
Recovering Damages for Your Injuries
In all personal injury claims or negligence cases, in order to recover compensation for economic or non-economic losses, the victim must show that the defendant owed a legal duty of care to him or her, that the wrongdoer breached of that duty, and that this breach caused the harm at issue. In other words, a negligence claim may arise from a defendant’s failure to act with reasonable care in a way that injures the victim or even takes his or her life. Damages can vary from case to case and each will be based of your unique facts. Any lawyer that says I can guarantee you a certain amount of money before hiring him or her is lying.
The wrongdoer in a personal injury case may be an individual, a corporation, a small business, or a professional. Our experienced personal injury attorney has assisted numerous clients by thoroughly investigating the causes of their accidents and injuries, identifying all responsible parties, and seeking compensation from all wrongdoers and their insurers.
Other Common Types of Personal Injuries Include
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injury
- Child Injuries
- Arm and Hand Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Nerve Injuries
- Herniated disc
- Bulging discs
- Knee injuries
- Degloving Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Dangerous & Defective Equipment Accidents
Winning a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Tomball Texas
In order to succeed in a personal injury lawsuit, there are a number of things one must keep in mind. The first is the statute of limitations. There is only a small window of time in which a person who is injured may file a lawsuit this is called the statute of limitations. That window can vary depending on the facts, but is generally 2 years from the date of injury. There are some situations in which the statute of limitations may be “tolled” or extended, but that should be thought more as an exception rather than the norm. In some injury lawsuits, a settlement may be reached before plaintiff formally files a lawsuit. Most settle prior to trial. However, in those cases that do proceed to trial, the plaintiff (the injured party) is required to show:
- Defendant owed a duty of reasonable care to plaintiff
- Defendant failed to uphold that duty of care
- Defendant failure to uphold duty of care caused plaintiff’s injury
- Plaintiff suffered damage as a result of that breach of duty
Personal Injury Lawyer Fighting To Protected Those Injured in Tomball, TX
The creative and determined personal injury lawyer at the Pascoe Law Firm is ready to listen to your story and fight for your legal rights today. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency basis, which means that you do not pay us unless and until we recover damages for you. If you have been injured as a result of the negligence of another person, you are likely scared, angry, and confused. You may be recovering from painful injuries, facing mounting medical bills, and losing income because you cannot work. You are not without legal recourse if you have suffered serious injuries. You may be entitled to recover money damages for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering in a personal injury lawsuit. When life is interrupted by a serious accident, your injuries from this event can have a life changing result to you and your family. Our lawyer will fight protect your legal rights and will aggressively advocate for you and your interests. For more information on how we can help you, call us at (713) 829-4317 today. For more information please visit our main Personal Injury Lawyer page.
Map of Tomball
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Available to serviceTomball and Harris County, TX by appointment.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
"John is very professional and great at what he does! He asks questions to be informed of your case so he can give you the best options and advice. He genuinely wants to help you and wants to make a good outcome for you. Would definitely recommend him to people needing his services!"
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.
Read all testimonials
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.
Live Chat - Pascoe Law Firm ×