Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Taxi Cab Accident
Taxi cabs are one of the most convenient means of transportation available to both tourists and residents alike. At any given time, there are thousands of taxi cabs patrolling around the greater Houston area. While the majority of these trips end without incident, numerous accidents involving taxi cabs are recorded each year. Taxi cabs are often driven by negligently by drivers who often speed, use narcotics or other intoxicating drugs before driving and drive recklessly. According to estimates, taxi related accidents take place more than 10 times per day on our streets. There are numerous causes of taxicab accidents, some of the most common factors being, taxi driver error, driver fatigue or distraction, speeding, failure to maintain automobile used as a taxicab, and driving while under the influence of an alcoholic substance or narcotics.
Just Who Is at Risk For Getting Injured in a Houston Texas Cab Accident?
- Passengers. Those riding within the cab may be hurt in an accident.
- Pedestrians and bicyclists. Some of the most vulnerable to taxicab accidents are those on bikes or on foot. A taxicab that is in a hurry to get to its destination may not take the time to look for pedestrians or cyclists at intersections and crosswalks.
- Motorists. Motorists who share the road with these fast-paced common carriers may be rear-ended, sideswiped or even cut off in traffic, causing serious accidents.
Recovering Damages for Taxicab Accidents
Rights of Injured Passengers
- The driver dropped you off at an unsafe location
- The taxi ran over your foot while driving away
- The taxi driver caused an accident by behaving carelessly or recklessly
- The taxi driver was operating the vehicle under the influence
- The driver was distracted or inattentive
- A taxi driver struck you as you were legally crossing the street
- Another driver crashed into the taxi in which you were a passenger
Types of Taxi Cab Accident Injuries
- Head and brain trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bulging or herniated spinal discs
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and burns
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal organ damage
- Amputated limbs
Legal Options if You Are Injured in a Houston Taxi Accident
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.