Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Steps For After A Truck Accident
One might wonder what steps to take after being involved in a truck accident. Every day many drivers share the road with large and never think about it unless one comes close to hitting you. At that point, you may realize that a large truck can cause terrible damage to a passenger car. Truck accidents are somewhat different from car accidents. In a collision with a large truck, there is a greater potential for injury and death than in the same type of accident with a passenger car. This is a relatively simple concept; vehicles with much greater weight carry tremendous amounts of force, and the average passenger vehicle is just not equipped to resist that type of force. The damage is even worse when a large truck strikes a bicycle rider, motorcycle rider, or pedestrian. In these cases, the potential for severe physical trauma or even death is very high, because these victims do not even have the protection offered by the average passenger vehicle.
Truck Collision Lawyer For Texas
- The first step is to call the police. It is very important you file an accident report, even if you think there is little or no damage. Not only is this required by law but it could be used as an important piece of evidence later on.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Your health and safety are most important when it comes to an accident. Some injuries won’t appear until later on, so you want to be sure you are thoroughly checked out. There may also be an underlying injury, such as internal bleeding, of which you are not aware. Seeking medical attention is the only way to know for sure the extent of your injuries. If you refuse medical attention, it could end up being used against you later on in your case. It can be much more difficult later on to prove an injury was related to your truck accident in Illinois if you don’t seek medical attention.
- Contact your insurance company and file a report. This is a step you don’t want to skip as it can also end up affecting the outcome of your case.
- Remember you might end up speaking to the other side’s insurance company. Say as little as possible, even to your own insurance company. State the facts but don’t elaborate on details. You also don’t want to say too much to the truck driver or any witnesses to the accident. It is best to keep conversations to a minimum.
- Call a local accident lawyer who specializes in truck accidents. A truck accident in Illinois is a very different type of case than a passenger car accident, with more complicated liability issues, requiring special knowledge. A Texas truck crash lawyer will understand the unique circumstances of this type of personal injury claim and will be better able to help you with your case.
Attorney For Truck Wreck Accidents
- Neck pain or stiffness
- Upper Back pain or stiffness
- Low Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Herniated Discs
- Back Pain
- Compression fractures
Lawyer Representing Injury Victims of Truck Accidents
Our truck accident attorney fights for the rights of those who suffer injury after being hit by a truck. Motorists have a duty to drive with caution, this includes truck drivers. The Pascoe Law Firm in League City, Texas has represents truck collision accident victims in the Galveston county and League City areas. We are very familiar with the serious injuries that can occur in car accidents. Our truck accident lawyer is committed to holding negligent drivers fully responsible for their actions. You can reach us at 713-829-4317 for a free consultation and prompt investigation. If you are or a loved one has been injured and suffered personal injury, call the Pascoe Law firm to speak with accident lawyer. The Pascoe Law Firm provides a free personal injury consultation for truck accident victims. Call or contact us online to speak with a Galveston County and League City area Truck Accident Lawyer if you or a family member was hit by a truck. Hablamos Español.
Truck Collision - Research and Reports - Galveston County / League City
Pedestrian crashes: higher injury severity and mortality rate for light truck vehicles compared with passenger vehicles
The link between fatigue and safety
Factors Influencing the Patterns of Injuries and Outcomes in Car versus Car Crashes Compared to Sport Utility, Van, or Pick-up Truck versus Car Crashes: Crash Injury Research Engineering Network Study
The Effect of Socio-Demographic and Crash-Related Factors on the Prognosis of Whiplash
Heavy-Truck Drivers’ Following Behavior With Intervention of an Integrated, In-Vehicle Crash Warning System: A Field Evaluation
- Fatal Truck Accident
- 18 Wheeler Accident
- Semi-Truck Accident
- Rear End Truck Collision
- Common Injuries From Truck Accidents
- Impaired Truck Driver Accidents
- Wide Turn Truck Accidents
- Blind Spot Accident
- Highway Truck Accidents
- Truck Tire Blowout
- Garbage Truck Accident
- Overweight Trucks
- Bus Accident
- Unsecured Load Truck Accident
- Bad Weather Truck Accidents
- Underride Truck Accidents
- Construction Zone Truck Accidents
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Amarillo, Angleton, Austin, Baytown, Beaumont, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Conroe, Dallas, Dickinson, Deer Park, Eagle Ford Shale, El Paso, Friendswood, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Lubbock, Liberty County, McAllen, Midland, Montgomery County, Orange, Odessa, Pasadena, Plano, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, South Padre Island, Texas City, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 59 reviews.