Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Side Impact Collision Accident Lawyer
Car passengers and Drivers often become injured in side-impact crashes by colliding with the person sitting next to them in the vehicle. This can occur by someone’s head coming in contact with another person within the vehicle. These types of injuries can be severe and even lift threatening. In a report from the IIHS journal, a British report on side impact wrecks found that when individuals did not wear their seat belt that they became “human missiles.” Many of these human missiles inflicted mortal injuries on fellow occupants.
Common Side-Impact Collision Injuries
Many of the injuries in side impact collisions occur to the head, neck, chest, back, abdomen, pelvis, legs, and arms. The injuries of a side impact collision are more severe in smaller or lighter weight vehicles. Many of these types of vehicles have less protection than larger SUV or Trucks. In recent years, the IIHS reports that automakers have made big strides in side protection in recent years by installing side airbags and strengthening the structures of vehicles. According to a study based out of the United Kingdom, after analyzing 140 side-impact accidents and the quantified injuries to drivers and passengers the most common injuries in side-impact accidents include:
Types of Side Impact Collisions
- Left side- damage occurs in the vicinity of passenger compartment due to angular impact by another vehicle or object. This is applicable to angle collisions and crashes in which a vehicle strikes an object after skidding or spinning.
- Right side – the damage occurs in vicinity of passenger compartment due to angular impact by another vehicle or object.
- Left front quarter- damage happens ahead of passenger compartment. Due to the angular impacted by another vehicle or object. This is applicable to angle collisions and crashes in which a vehicle strikes an object after skidding or spinning.
- Right front quarter- damage occurs ahead of passenger compartment and is due to angular impact by another vehicle or object.
- Left rear quarter- the accident damage is behind passenger compartment and is caused by an angular impact by another vehicle or object. This becomes applicable to angle collisions and crashes in which a vehicle strikes an object after skidding or spinning.
- Right rear quarter- the damage (behind passenger compartment) due to angular impact by another vehicle or object.
- Left side sideswipe - damage resulting from sideswipe by meeting or overtaking other vehicle or object.
- Right side damage resulting from sideswipe by meeting or overtaking other vehicle or object.
- Left side with top damage – this type of accident typically involves a vehicle rollover, for example a high sitting SUV Rollover.
- Right side and top damage - this type of accident typically involves a vehicle rollover, for example a high sitting SUV Rollover.
Attorney for Side Impact Collision Accidents
Our side-impact collision attorney fights for the rights of those who suffer injury after being hit by a car. Motorists have a duty to drive with caution. The Pascoe Law Firm in League City, Texas represents side impact crash victims in the Galveston county and League City areas. We are very familiar with the serious injuries that can occur in a traffic accident. Our side-impact collision lawyer is committed to holding negligent drivers fully responsible for their actions. You can reach us at 713-829-4317 for a free consultation and prompt investigation. If you are or a loved one has been injured and suffered personal injury, call the Pascoe Law firm to speak with accident lawyer. The Pascoe Law Firm provides a free personal injury consultation for side impact car accident victims. Call or contact us online to speak with a Galveston County and League City area car accident lawyer if you or a family member was hit by a car. Hablamos Español.
Side Impact Accident - Research and Reports - Galveston County / League City
Lower extremity injuries in side-impact vehicle crashes
Children in side-impact motor vehicle crashes: seating positions and injury mechanisms.
Vehicles that earn good test ratings for side-impact protection greatly reduce risk of dying for drivers in real-world crashes
Real-world data confirm results of side crash tests
- Fatal Auto Accidents
- Head On Collision
- Vehicle Rollovers
- Rear End Collision Accident
- Hit and Run Accident
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Highway Accident
- Intersection Collision
- What To Do After A Car Accident
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Fatal Motorcycle Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Child Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident
- Child Pedestrian Accident
- Common Car Accident Injuries
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Webster, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, McAllen, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, South Padre Island, Southbelt Ellington, Sugar Land, Taylor Lake Village, Texas City, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 45 reviews.