Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Auto Accident Attorney for Seatbelt Injuries
Injuries Caused By Seatbelts In Car Accidents
Basic Texas Seat Belt Laws
A person commits an offense if:
- is at least 15 years of age;
- is riding in a passenger vehicle while the vehicle is being operated;
- is occupying a seat that is equipped with a safety belt; and
- is not secured by a safety belt
Seat Belt Injury Facts and Statistics
- 4,617 individuals suffered from lap injuries after using a seat belt. That accounts for an injury rate of 24.2 percent.
- 81,461 individuals suffered from lap/shoulder injuries after using a seat belt. That accounts for an injury rate of 25.2 percent.
- 129,327 individuals suffered injuries as a result of using no seat belt, at an injury rate of 54.6 percent
Research Studies on Internal Organ Damage from Seat Belt Use
- Suffered from an increase in abdominal tenderness;
- Suffered from bowel injuries;
- Suffered from an increase in higher mortality and morbidity rates involving a delayed diagnosis of bowel injuries.
Types of Seat Belt Injuries
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Fractured sternum
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding and trauma
- Abdominal injuries
- Bowel injuries
- Skin abrasions
Contact Experienced Texas Auto Accident Lawyer at the Pascoe Law Firm Today
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Dickinson, Deer Park, Freeport, Friendswood, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Manvel, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rosenberg, Richmond, Santa Fe, Seabrook, South Houston, Southbelt Ellington, Sugar Land,Texas City, Victoria, Webster, the Woodlands, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 60 reviews.