Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Longshoremen Accident Lawyer
Longshoreman Accident Attorney helping seamen & longshoremen accidents, we service the Galveston, Houston, and throughout the Texas Gulf Coast. People who work at sea, on the docks or offshore are protected by federal laws that recognize the inherent dangers. When they are injured on the job, those workers are entitled to specific benefits and may be able to sue their employers for negligence and hazardous working conditions. The Texas Gulf Coast maritime accident attorneys at the Pascoe Law Firm help injured seamen and longshoremen assert their rights under the Jones Act and other remedies for medical care, lost income and disability compensation. Based in Galveston County, we can handled maritime injury claims from Texas.
Attorney For Seamen Accidents
- Maintenance — Your employer must pay weekly wages and reasonable living expenses (rent, utilities, transportation, food) for the period that you are unable to work because of a duty-related injury.
- Cure — You are entitled to free medical care until you are cleared to resume work or until you reach maximum medical improvement.
- Monetary damages — Unlike land-based workers, seamen can sue their employers directly for negligence, for ordering them into dangerous situations without appropriate safety measures or for hazardous conditions aboard ship (unseaworthiness) that contributed to injury. The Pascoe Law Firm can help maritime workers recover compensation for future medical care, projected earnings, permanent disability, and pain and suffering.
- Death benefits — The spouse and dependent children of a seaman killed on duty are entitled to monthly benefits or a settlement for lost income and personal loss.
- Longshoremen Injuries — Dock workers and shipyard employees who do not qualify as seamen are covered by the Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation Act (LHWCA), which provides medical, wage and permanent disability benefits similar to workers' compensation, but at substantially better rates.
Lawyer For A Longshoreman Accident
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Webster, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dickinson, Deer Park, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Liberty County, Montgomery County, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Santa Fe, San Leon, South Padre Island, Taylor Lake Village, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 38 reviews.