Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Scarring and Disfigurement Lawyer
Scars are what remain after the skin has been wounded. Once the wound closes, new skin grows over the area. While the skin of a scar may be a different shade or texture than the undamaged skin around it. Scars occur whenever the skin is opened and wounded due to accidents or surgical procedures. Scars commonly occur following injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents, animal attacks, and other serious accidents, but scars can occur following even the most innocuous or otherwise uneventful injuries, such as simple scrapes and cuts.
What Impacts Scars and Disfigurement
- The type of scar,
- Location of scar,
- Size and severity of the original injury,
- How the wound was treated, and
- Genetic factors.
Medical Treatment for People With Visible Scarring
- Scar Removal: The scar tissue is removed and the wound carefully healed to prevent further scar tissue. It can also involve only removing small portions of scar tissue, allowing it to heal with less restriction to movement and appear less visible.
- Dermabrasion: This refers to removing the upper layer of skin. This helps smooth and soften the scar tissue.
- Skin Grafting: Using skin from other areas of the body to replace the scar tissue is used when there is extreme damage and loss of mobility. This is generally more for function than appearance.
Factors Within a Disfigurement and Scarring Damages Claim
- Whether the disfigurement is permanent, long-term, or temporary
- The location of the scarring or disfigurement
- The size and extent of the disfigurement
- The effect on your professional, social, and romantic relationships
- The effect on your mental state, including resulting anxiety and depression
- Loss of mobility or flexibility
- Medical costs associated with disfigurement
- Medical aids and devices made necessary by the disfigurement
Contact a Texas Scarring and Disfigurement Attorney Today
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.