Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Possession of Marijuana
Galveston County Possession of Marijuana Defense Attorney
Texas Marijuana Law
- Possession of less than 2 oz. of marijuana is a Class B misdemeanor.
- 2-4 oz. if marijuana it is a Class A misdemeanor;
- 4 oz. to 5 lbs.: State jail felony;
- 5-50 lbs.: 3rd degree felony;
- 50-2000 lbs.: 2nd degree felony;
- Over 2000 lbs.: Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice institution for life or 5-99 yrs. and $50,000 fine.
- Sale .25 oz. or less: Class B misdemeanor (if no remuneration);
- 25 oz. or less: Class A misdemeanor (with remuneration);
- 25 oz. to 5 lbs.: state jail felony;
- 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.: 2nd degree felony;
- 50-2000 lbs.: 1st degree felony;
- Over 2000 lbs.: Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice institution for life or 10-99 yrs. and/or $100.000;
- Delivery to minor under 17 who is enrolled in school and over .25 oz.: 2nd degree felony;
- Within drug-free zone: penalties doubled
- 1st offense: Up to one year in prison, $1,000 fine, or both
- 2nd offense: Mandatory minimum 15 day sentence, up to two years in prison, $2,500 fine, or both
- Any subsequent offense: Mandatory minimum 90 day sentence, up to three years in prison, $5,000 fine, or both
- The first and second federal possession charges are considered misdemeanor crimes;
- However, any possession charge after that can be considered a felony if certain conditions apply.
Experienced Lawyer For Marijuana Possession in Galveston County
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Webster, Texas. Available to Service: Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Clear Lake, Dickinson, Friendswood, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Kemah, La Marque, League City, Nassau Bay, Pearland, Santa Fe, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Texas City, Tiki Island, and Webster, Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.