Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Neck Pain and Back Injury Lawyer
Neck pain and Back pain can be some of the most painful and devastating injuries. Neck pain and back pain are often described in by wide variety of symptoms that can include numbness, tingling, or even paralysis. If you have back pain or neck pain you may want to visit an orthopedic surgeon or chiropractor to determine how serious your injuries are after an accident has occurred. Many of the effects of back and neck injuries do not dissipate by themselves and you may need to seek medical treatment for the injury and pain. Our Back injury and Neck Injury Lawyer services the Galveston, League City, Houston, Friendswood, Baytown, Beaumont, Texas City, Clear Lake, and Webster, and throughout Texas.
As a Texas personal injury lawyer, I routinely see how back pain and neck pain can be caused by serious injuries after an automobile accident. If you are experiencing neck pain or back pain it is important to seek treatment from a medical provider. Chiropractic offices are great resources to begin treatment. If you are not responding or the neck pain or back pain does not decrease or improve you may be referred to an orthopedic surgeon. Many back injuries can involve the bone, muscle, or even the soft tissue. Typically, back injuries most commonly involve lower back pain or soreness. This is not because your lower back supports a majority of your body weight. The pain could be from a muscle strain or sprain, fractured vertebrae, herniated disc or sciatica. Neck pain is commonly caused by a trauma that has occurred like a fall or motor vehicle accident. Following an auto accident some might think that their neck pain or back pain might just go away on its own. It is important to seek medical attention from a chiropractor or orthopedic surgeon if you have are experiencing any tingling or burning sensations, stiffness, numbness, or weakness in your arms or on the side of the neck, blurred vision, difficulty talking or writing, or pain while walking.
Importance of Medical Treatment for Neck Pain and Back Pain
Neck Pain After An Auto Accident
Common Causes for Neck Pain or Back Pain
- Slipped Discs- along the spine are little discs that absorb your everyday movements of walking, running, jumping, and falling. Having a slipped disc can be extremely painful as you will feel that something is out of place on your back.
- Sciatica- Sciatica is pressure on the sciatic nerve which causes pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness in the leg. The sciatic nerve is in the lower spine and travels down the back of the legs. It provides sensation to the legs and controls the back of the knee and lower leg. Sciatica is commonly caused by a slipped disc, pelvic injury or fracture. It is symptom of a medical problem and not independent medical condition typically.
- Impacted Range of Motion in the Neck- Whiplash is commonly associated with vehicle accidents. Whiplash occurs when a person’s neck is jerked backwards and then pulled suddenly forward. Neck injuries like whiplash can cause damage to both soft tissues and bone in the neck region. Depending on the severity, whiplash injuries can range from mild discomfort to a serious impacted range of motion.
- Back Pain- Acute back pain lasts a short time, between a few days to a few weeks. It is usually caused by an injury to the muscles or ligaments in the back. Chronic back pain is caused by repetitive motion, poor posture, arthritis, herniated disc, or conditions affecting the spine.
Lumbar and Cervical Spine Injuries
Medical Treatment for Herniated Discs
- Spine Fusion: This surgery is usually performed to stabilize discs that are the source of a patient's pain. The fusion may be done to treat a problem such as pain or to provide stability for the back to prevent future injury. A fusion may be performed at any level in the cervical, thoracic, or lumbar spine. Generally, the recovery from a fusion is extensive and may require months of physical therapy.
- Discectomy: This is a procedure to remove a portion of the disc that rests between each vertebra. In this type of spine surgery, the herniated disc is removed to relieve the pressure on the nerves.
- Foramenotomy: A surgical procedure is used to relieve pressure on a nerve, which may be due to a herniated disc or other disc injury. Surgeons performing a foramenotomy remove a portion of bone and other tissue that may be compressing the nerve as it exits the spinal column.
- Disc Replacement: Still relatively uncommon, in spine disc replacement, a surgeon may use bone from a cadaver or harvested bone from the patient to treat specific types of back pain.
- Laminectomy: A procedure performed to relieve pressure on the spinal cord itself, a laminectomy is most commonly used to treat conditions such as spinal stenosis and other types of primarily degenerative back conditions, though a laminectomy may sometimes be used in trauma patients. Sometimes, laminectomies are performed in conjunction with a spine fusion to help stabilize the back when large amounts of bone are removed.
Attorney for Neck Pain and Back Pain in Texas
Back & Neck Pain - Research and Reports - Galveston County / League City
Neck Problems and Injuries
Back and Neck Injuries
John Hopkins Medicine - Back and Neck Pain
Evaluation of Neck and Back Pain
Pain Management: Neck and Shoulder Pain
Chronic Neck Pain: What Condition is Causing My Neck Pain?
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, McAllen, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, South Houston, South Padre Island, Southbelt Ellington, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 66 reviews.