Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Moving Truck Accident Lawyer
Moving truck accidents occur much more frequently than you may realize and are caused by a combination of inexperienced drivers and the rental of trucks that are far from roadworthy. Because it is not always clear who is responsible for an accident, these types of cases can be more difficult and require the expertise of a proven Houston moving truck accident attorney. Moving trucks are rented every day to help people from all walks of life move from point A to point B. While you may have rented a moving truck before, you may not be aware of how just dangerous moving trucks can be. They are large, heavy, difficult to maneuver, and likely to cause an accident. If you have been injured in a moving truck accident, you may the help of a moving truck accident lawyer.
Most Common Causes of Moving Truck Accidents
- Distracted Driving: Looking at a GPS, adjusting mirrors, fumbling with radio controls, eating, and texting are all examples of distracted driving that can lead to a moving truck accident.
- Speeding: When a driver speeds in a moving truck, it can be tough for them to slow down or come to a stop in order to prevent a crash.
- Improper Training: It takes certain skills to safely drive a moving truck. Improper training of drivers can significantly increase collision risk.
- Cargo Issues: Unsecured cargo and overloaded trucks are some of the most common causes of moving truck accidents. Moving trucks must contain a balanced load so they are less likely to lose control or roll over.
- Poorly Maintained Trucks: Moving truck companies have a legal obligation to ensure their trucks are well maintained. When they fail to do so, brake failures, tire blowouts, and steering problems may arise and cause a serious crash.
- Inclement Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, sleet, fog, and high winds can lead to poor visibility and make it more difficult to control a moving truck.
Moving Truck Accidents Present Complex Liability Issues
Who is at Fault in a Furniture Delivery Truck Accident?
- The Moving Truck Company: Unfortunately, some moving truck companies implement negligent practices that may have led to the accident. Policies, such as encouraging drivers to drive at higher speeds, poorly training employees, and failing to maintain trucks can all make truck companies liable for your moving truck accident.
- The Driver: If the driver of the moving truck is employed by a moving company that owns the truck, they will be at fault in addition to their employer. Reckless driving, speeding, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can all hold a driver liable.
- Insurance Company: There are various insurance companies that may cover your damages in a moving truck accident.
How Insurance Coverage Works in Moving Truck Accidents
- Additional Insurance the Moving Truck Company Purchased: Supplemental liability coverage is an optional insurance policy that some moving truck companies choose to invest in. This coverage can be used to pay for any injuries or damages that occur because of a moving truck accident.
- Personal Insurance of the Renter: If the moving truck company did not purchase supplemental liability coverage, the personal insurance of the driver who rented the truck should provide coverage in this type of accident.
- Insurance of the Renter’s Agency: If the driver who struck you did not purchase additional coverage and does not have a personal car insurance policy, it may be possible to collect compensation through the insurance company of the rental agency.
- Insurance of the Moving Company: The insurer of the moving company would be held liable if the driver who hit you was an employee of the moving company who owned the truck.
Experienced Moving Truck and Furniture Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.