Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Motorcycle Helmet Safety
According to the NHTSA, helmets saved 1,859 motorcyclists’ lives in 2016, and that 802 more lives could have been saved if all motorcyclists had worn helmets. It is always important to remember to use proper motorcycle safety when riding, that includes taking care of your helmet. Research studies from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have indicated that motorcycle helmet laws have a powerful impact on prevention of injures for riders on the road. The CDC has found that states with helmet laws have a usage rate that is almost at 100 percent.
Benefits of Wearing a Helmet
- Outer shell – The outer shell is composed of tough material that compresses when coming into contact with a hard surface. By compressing, the outer shell diffuses the force, before it has a chance to severely impact your head.
- Impact-absorbing liner – This layer is composed of polystyrene, a cushion-like material. The purpose of this later is to absorb the impact if you hit your head.
- Comfort padding – The comfort padding is closest to your head. It is meant to make the helmet more comfortable and give you a closer fit.
- Retention system – This is the chinstrap on the helmet. This will keep your helmet tightly secured in the event of a crash. It is vital to secure your chinstrap properly before you begin riding your motorcycle each time.
How to Pick the Right Helmet
- Full-Face Helmet – These helmets provide full coverage to your face and chin and thus, offer the most protection.
- Three-Quarter Open Face Helmet – This type of helmet lacks the face and chin protection that is offered in the full-face helmet. If you choose to purchase this helmet, you should also get a snap on face protector or wear a good pair of goggles.
- Half-Helmet – This type of helmet is also known as a “shorty.” This helmet offers the least amount of protection while riding since it is extremely likely that the helmet will become unsecured from your head during a crash.
How to Care For Your Helmet
How a Texas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, Eagle Shale Ford, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, McAllen, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, South Padre Island, Southbelt Ellington, Taylor Lake Village, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 66 reviews.