Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Texas Open Car Door Motorcycle Injuries Lawyer
Common Injuries From Open Car Door Motorcycle Accidents.
List of Common Injuries From Car Door Motorcycle Wrecks
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Road rash
- Bone fractures
- Permanent disfigurement
- Nerve damage
Common Causes of Open Door Motorcycle Accidents
- Litter, trash, and other debris - Look out for items that might remain of a previous wreck. Anticipate an unrepaired pothole. If it's too late, you get thrown or take evasive action. If the bike veers too close to vehicles, a risk of the door swinging open presents itself.
- Illegally parked vehicles – Such as a delivery van that is blocking the visibility of a parking lot exit, or on the shoulder of the road.
- Right Hand Turns - motorcyclists themselves should take extra efforts to avoid riding closer to the right-hand side of the road when negotiating right hand turning maneuvers into driveways, avenues, and streets.
- Vehicles parallel parking - pay close attention to vehicles that are capable of swinging open their doors into oncoming traffic. Vehicles that have just parallel parked are notorious for not always looking before opening their door. People entering or exiting vehicles parked to the side of your path can fail to use the rear-view mirrors. Or they could fail to look behind and in front of them before entering the side of the conveyance facing the motorcyclist.
Texas Lawyer For Motorcycle Accidents Due to Opened Car Doors
Who is likely to be liable for an opened-door motorcycle accident?
- The driver of the vehicle.
- A passenger who opened the door.
- The driver’s employer, if the driver opened the door and he was on-duty at the time of the accident.
- The manufacturer of the vehicle, if a defect in the door caused it to pop open or remain open when it should have clicked shut.
What kind of evidence will I need to gather?
- A police report of the accident
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Eyewitness testimony
- Medical records
- Medical treatment bills
- Proof of lost earnings
Motorcycle Accidents Resulting From Open Car Doors
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Dickinson, Deer Park, Freeport, Friendswood, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Manvel, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Santa Fe, Seabrook, South Houston, Southbelt Ellington, Texas City, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 65 reviews.