Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Taylor Lake Village Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Proudly Servicing Taylor Lake Village, TX
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for riders to sustain serious injuries when involved in a crash. According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcycles have 16 times the risk of injury and 35 times the risk of a fatal crash. These rates are often even higher among younger, less experienced riders. Typically, the most frequently injured body part is actually the legs and feet. This is followed by the arms, and then the head and neck which make up 16.8% of all injuries. Of these injuries, fractures and broken bones are the most common. This is followed closely by less serious injuries such as contusions/abrasions, lacerations, and sprains. Proper use of safety equipment can often reduce the severity of injuries. Riders should always dress appropriately and wear a helmet, even in states where this is not required by law. Helmets have been proven effective, specifically 37% effective in preventing motorcycle deaths.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Do I Have a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Will I Have To Go To Court For My Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Common Motorcycle Injuries
- Back injuries, including crushed vertebrae, slipped discs, and spinal injuries
- Head and neck injuries such as skull and neck fractures
- Brain injuries, including traumatic brain injury and paralysis
- Lacerations and abrasions, including road rash
- Traumatic tattooing from asphalt and debris embedded in the skin
- Broken and fractured limbs, particularly the lower extremities
- Loss of limbs due to traumatic amputation
- Injury to joints, particularly from bracing and impact with the ground
- Damage to internal organs or internal hemorrhaging
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Accidents caused by distracted drivers- drivers texting, talking on the phone, eating, or otherwise distracted while driving and are at a much higher risk for causing accidents than those focused on the road.
- Reckless driving accidents- other drivers speeding, failing to maintain a safe distance, passing unsafely or stopping suddenly pose a risk to motorcyclists riding alongside.
- Door check accidents- a driver leaving or entering a vehicle can cause an accident by opening a door in the path of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Merging accidents- a driver that is changing lanes can fail to look carefully and collide with or pull into the path of a motorcycle.
- Accidents related to road conditions -debris on a road, potholes on poorly maintained roads, missing signage or similar road hazards can cause accidents.
- DUI accidents- intoxicated drivers are unable to drive in a safe manner, posing a risk to the drivers around them.
- Accidents caused by failure to obey signage. Drivers failing to yield, stop, or turning illegally can cause accidents by improperly entering into oncoming traffic.
- Equipment failure accidents. A defect in the design or the manufacture of the motorcycle can cause the motorcycle to fail and lead to an accident.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
- Get to safety- if the accident occurs in traffic, move yourself and your motorcycle, if possible, to the side of the road to avoid further accidents and injury.
- Call the Police- if you or the other driver experienced injuries or property damage, you must report the accident. Remain calm, respectful, and relate as much of the events of the accident as you are able. However, you do not need to admit fault.
- Document the scene- if possible, take photos of your damages and of the accident scene. Photos can help the courts and insurance companies make decisions later.
- Exchange insurance information- while you do not need to speak with the other driver’s insurance company, you will need the company name and policy information to file your claim.
- Seek treatment for your injuries- unless your injuries are life-threatening, only leave the scene once cleared to do so by the authorities. Keep all medical treatment documentation for future reference.
- Speak with an Taylor Lake Village motorcycle crash attorney- if your accident occurred due to the other driver’s negligence, if you were seriously injured, or if the other driver did not carry insurance, you will likely benefit from speaking with an Taylor Lake Village motorcycle accident lawyer regarding a personal injury claim against the other driver.
Taylor Lake Village Texas Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Available to service Taylor Lake Village, Texas and Brazoria County by appointment.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 69 reviews.