Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Sienna Plantation Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Proudly Servicing Sienna Plantation, TX
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for riders to sustain serious injuries when involved in a crash. According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcycles have 16 times the risk of injury and 35 times the risk of a fatal crash. These rates are often even higher among younger, less experienced riders. Typically, the most frequently injured body part is actually the legs and feet. This is followed by the arms, and then the head and neck which make up 16.8% of all injuries. Of these injuries, fractures and broken bones are the most common. This is followed closely by less serious injuries such as contusions/abrasions, lacerations, and sprains. Proper use of safety equipment can often reduce the severity of injuries. Riders should always dress appropriately and wear a helmet, even in states where this is not required by law. Helmets have been proven effective, specifically 37% effective in preventing motorcycle deaths.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
In any injury case, it is typical for the insurance company representing the at-fault party to try to reduce the value of legitimate injury claims. Insurance company are working for their employer and their goal is to pay out as little as possible, no matter what is actually fair or equitable. Never attempt to deal with a serious motorcycle accident injury case without an experienced Sienna Plantation motorcycle accident attorney. Motorcycles can be difficult for other motorists to see. A much greater degree of driving skill is required to keep a motorcycle upright. Irregularities in the road surface that would not affect an automobile can be a risk. At present, motorcycle riders in Texas are not required by law to wear a safety helmet.
Do I Have a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
At the Pascoe Law Firm, we help of men and women in Texas find the best path forward in the aftermath of accidents and injuries. The fastest way to get help after a motorcycle accident is through a no-cost consultation with our team. Get an expert assessment of the strength of the case and the size of the settlement we may be able to pursue. Our Sienna Plantation motorcycle accident lawyers can provide an initial consultation by phone.
Will I Have To Go To Court For My Motorcycle Accident Claim?
That depends on how successful we are at negotiating with the insurance company. If we are able to get the insurance adjuster to agree to a settlement that is both fair and reasonable, then we may not have to go to court. In cases where you are clearly entitled to more than the insurance company is willing to provide, we will be prepared to bring your case into the courtroom. Although the possibility of going to court may seem intimidating, you should keep in mind that sometimes having your case heard by a judge and/or jury can be the best thing for you, as they are unbiased and impartial and will likely award you a sum that coincides with the damages you endured.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
Although every motorcycle accident is unique, several common injuries appear in motorcycle accident victims. Many motorcycle injuries in Sienna Plantation affect the head and neck. In fact, a CDC study of over one million motorcyclists found that 22% of all motorcycle accident injuries affect the head and neck. There are many common motorcycle injuries, including:
- Back injuries, including crushed vertebrae, slipped discs, and spinal injuries
- Head and neck injuries such as skull and neck fractures
- Brain injuries, including traumatic brain injury and paralysis
- Lacerations and abrasions, including road rash
- Traumatic tattooing from asphalt and debris embedded in the skin
- Broken and fractured limbs, particularly the lower extremities
- Loss of limbs due to traumatic amputation
- Injury to joints, particularly from bracing and impact with the ground
- Damage to internal organs or internal hemorrhaging
Certainly, other types of injuries can and do result from motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle arm is another common injury, which occurs when a rider attempts to shield himself from the impact of an accident. Other injuries are psychological in nature. They may involve conditions such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder resulting from the crash. However, psychological issues remain difficult to prove without a clinical diagnosis and the help of a knowledgeable Sienna Plantation motorcycle accident lawyer.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by any of the factors that commonly cause other road accidents. However, the difference between motorcycle accidents and other accidents can be seen in the severity of the injuries. The following situations are especially dangerous for motorcycle drivers:
- Accidents caused by distracted drivers- drivers texting, talking on the phone, eating, or otherwise distracted while driving and are at a much higher risk for causing accidents than those focused on the road.
- Reckless driving accidents- other drivers speeding, failing to maintain a safe distance, passing unsafely or stopping suddenly pose a risk to motorcyclists riding alongside.
- Door check accidents- a driver leaving or entering a vehicle can cause an accident by opening a door in the path of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Merging accidents- a driver that is changing lanes can fail to look carefully and collide with or pull into the path of a motorcycle.
- Accidents related to road conditions -debris on a road, potholes on poorly maintained roads, missing signage or similar road hazards can cause accidents.
- DUI accidents- intoxicated drivers are unable to drive in a safe manner, posing a risk to the drivers around them.
- Accidents caused by failure to obey signage. Drivers failing to yield, stop, or turning illegally can cause accidents by improperly entering into oncoming traffic.
- Equipment failure accidents. A defect in the design or the manufacture of the motorcycle can cause the motorcycle to fail and lead to an accident.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
After a motorcycle accident, it is essential you follow a few important steps. Following these steps can ensure your safety and assist you in making an insurance claim or filing a lawsuit later with the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer in Sienna Plantation. If you experience a motorcycle accident, be sure to:
- Get to safety- if the accident occurs in traffic, move yourself and your motorcycle, if possible, to the side of the road to avoid further accidents and injury.
- Call the Police- if you or the other driver experienced injuries or property damage, you must report the accident. Remain calm, respectful, and relate as much of the events of the accident as you are able. However, you do not need to admit fault.
- Document the scene- if possible, take photos of your damages and of the accident scene. Photos can help the courts and insurance companies make decisions later.
- Exchange insurance information- while you do not need to speak with the other driver’s insurance company, you will need the company name and policy information to file your claim.
- Seek treatment for your injuries- unless your injuries are life-threatening, only leave the scene once cleared to do so by the authorities. Keep all medical treatment documentation for future reference.
- Speak with an Sienna Plantation motorcycle crash attorney- if your accident occurred due to the other driver’s negligence, if you were seriously injured, or if the other driver did not carry insurance, you will likely benefit from speaking with an Sienna Plantation motorcycle accident lawyer regarding a personal injury claim against the other driver.
Sienna Plantation Texas Motorcycle Accident Attorney
When a motorcyclist is hurt or killed because of someone else's negligence, an experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer can make that point at trial or in negotiations with insurance adjusters. The Pascoe Law Firm provides free personal injury consultations for victims injured in motorcycle accidents. If you are in the hospital, we offer free hospital visits after motorcycle accidents injury consultations in Sienna Plantation, TX and other surrounding areas. Contact our Motorcycle Accident Attorney at 713-829-4317. Hablamos Español.
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Available to service Sienna Plantation, Texas and Brazoria County by appointment.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
"John is very professional and great at what he does! He asks questions to be informed of your case so he can give you the best options and advice. He genuinely wants to help you and wants to make a good outcome for you. Would definitely recommend him to people needing his services!"
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 69 reviews.
Read all testimonials
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 69 reviews.