Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Maritime Wrongful Death Lawyer
Maritime jobs can be some of the deadliest in the world wrongful death claims our not uncommon after accidents. We handle maritime death, maritime wrongful death, and fatal maritime accident cases. Many workers travel on vessels that are lost at sea. Others are thrown overboard in rough waters, only to have rescue attempts fail. If you have lost a loved one in a maritime accident, you may feel as if nothing will ever be the same. At the Pascoe Law Firm, we understand that nothing can replace the loss of a loved one, but we work hard to support families through this difficult time. We offer compassionate legal representation for the families of maritime workers who have been involved in fatal maritime accidents of all types.
Legal Issues Related to Maritime Death
- Whether the vessel will be raised if lost at sea?
- How Long will a search and rescue continue their efforts?
- Who is responsible for paying for the funeral?
- Contacting the responsible parties’ insurance adjuster
- Obtaining Social Security death benefits for the grieving family
- Obtaining and preserving evidence by raising the vessel,
- Examining and preserving equipment and preventing the insurance company from destroying the watercraft
- Obtaining evidence of negligence and unseaworthiness that caused the death
Who Could Be Covered by A Wrongful Death Claim
- Seamen on Oil Tankers
- Crew of Container Ships
- Offshore Supply Boats
- Cruise Ships
Types of Fatal Maritime Accident Cases?
- Safety precautions ignored before predicted severe weather
- Life-saving devices failed
- The ship did not have a life raft or other survival craft
- The vessel was not properly constructed or maintained
- Ships or vessels were overloaded
- Lack of stability of vessel
- Crew was improperly manned or trained
- Cargo was not properly stored
- Defective equipment
- Inadequate or lack of safety training and procedures
- Inadequate or lack of safety equipment
- Failure to follow state and/of federal statutes/regulations
- Failure to follow procedures and orders
Experienced Maritime Wrongful Death Lawyer
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.