Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Maritime Accident Lawyer
Texas Gulf Coast Lawyer For Maritime Accident & Maritime Injury
While every injured maritime worker or his or her family members are entitled to seek these benefits following a serious injury, the process for obtaining them can be complicated. Furthermore, some employers make the process difficult by providing little information to help employees assert their rights. The Pascoe Law Firm provides dedicated representation for maritime workers injured in the Texas Gulf Coast. Our Galveston maritime accident lawyer, John D. Pascoe, protects clients' rights to full and fair compensation. Talk to an experienced maritime lawyer before you accept a settlement offer from your employer. You could be signing away your right to seek compensation in the future or for ongoing medical care which may be necessary in the months to come. Contact the Pascoe Law Firm for a free initial consultation today.
Dangers to Maritime Workers
Winning A Maritime Injury Case
Federal Law That Protects Longshoremen and Seamen
- The Jones Act - protects workers injured on ships or vessels due to the negligence of a ship owner, captain or fellow employee. Under the law, injured workers can recover medical care and cost of living expenses.
- The Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) - protects land-based maritime workers—such as vessel repairmen or cargo loaders—who suffer injuries or illnesses related to their work. The LHWCA provides compensation for medical care and cost of living expenses.
- The Defense Base Act (DBA) - an extension of the Longshore Act, protects workers who work as private contractors or subcontractors on U.S. military bases or on any lands used by the U.S. for military purposes outside of the U.S., or who work on public work contracts with any U.S. government agency outside of the U.S. when they suffer injuries or illnesses related to their work. The DBA provides compensation for medical care and disability benefits.
- The Non-Appropriated Funds and Instrumentalities Act (NAFIA) - an extension of the Longshore Act, protects civilian employees providing services to the U.S. Armed Forces including those who work for Army and Air Force Exchange Services, Army and Air Force Motion Picture Services, on-shore Navy Ship Stores, Navy Exchanges, Marine Corps Exchanges, Coast Guard Exchanges, and other instrumental positions of the United States under the jurisdiction of the Armed Forces conducted for the comfort, pleasure, contentment, and mental and physical improvement of personnel of the Armed Forces. The NAFIA provides compensation for medical care and disability benefits.
- The Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) - maritime workers aren’t covered under regular workers’ compensation laws, but the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) allows injured workers to pursue legal action after on-the-job injuries.
Types of Maritime Accident Cases
- Oil tankers
- Commercial fishing boats
- Cruise Ships Injuries
- Personal Boats and Personal Watercraft Accidents
- Commercial vessels
- Dock workers injuries
- Offshore oil rigs and platforms
Common Causes of Maritime Injury
- Equipment operating negligence
- Slip and fall accidents
- Cable or block breaks
- Faulty grating, pipe tongs
- Cathead slips
- Falling objects
Attorney for Maritime Accident and Maritime Injuries In Texas
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Channelview, Cypress, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place and throughout Texas.