Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Lyft Car Accident Lawyer
Lyft launched the ride sharing phenomenon in 2009. Now valued at nearly $50 billion, it accounts for 77% of the ridesharing market in the United States. The number of registered vehicles for companies like Lyft, quadrupled from 2014 to 2017. Ride-shares involve drivers who are paid for transporting passengers in the driver’s own car at a reduced rate. Payment and booking rides happen through an app on your phone, making ride-share companies more convenient and less expensive than traditional taxis. Riding an Lyft is a popular way to get around, but it doesn’t come without risks. As with any form of transportation, there is the potential for accidents, and victims of a Lyft crash have rights. Our Texas Lyft passenger accident attorney can help navigate the many tactics insurance companies use to avoid liability.
Reasons for Lyft Accidents
- Lyft is relatively lax about vetting its drivers
- Lyft drivers are not specially trained by the company
- Lyft drivers, in an effort to earn enough money, may work extremely long hours
- Lyft drivers often work at more than one job.
The first two reasons listed here may mean that Lyft drivers are not especially safe or competent drivers. The last two may mean that Lyft drivers are more exhausted or sleepy than other drivers on the road.
How is being in a Lyft accident different from other car accidents?
- Lyft considers its drivers “independent contractors” and not employees in an attempt to deny fault for any injuries sustained in an accident. If you are a passenger in a Lyft car during an accident, you are entitled to compensation by both the driver’s insurance policy and the company’s additional $1 million per ride policy.
- Lyft defines itself as a technology provider, not as a transportation company or car service, which allows the company to place more blame on the driver and makes it more difficult for passengers, pedestrians, and other drivers to make complaints and claims with Lyft.
- There is no customer service phone number available for those involved in a Lyft accident to call, just an email address. The company is notoriously difficult to communicate with, and victims can become discouraged. Our attorneys will use their years of experience to hold both the driver and the company responsible.
- Up until March of last year, Lyft did not provide coverage for drivers between trips when there is no customer in the car. Intense criticism after a tragic accident prompted a change in company policy allowing $50,000/$100,000/$25,000 of contingent coverage between trips.
- Even if you were a driver in another car that was involved with a motor vehicle driven by a Lyft driver, or if you were a pedestrian, you are still entitled to substantial compensation from the driver’s insurance as well as Lyft’s additional policy.
How to Win a Lyft Car Accident Case
Insurance Companies and Lyft
Lyft Accident Injury
• Broken bones
• Internal bleeding
• Organ damage
• Traumatic brain injuries
• Soft Tissue Damages
These painful symptoms and medical conditions can last for many years to come. Do not hesitate to reach out to The Pascoe Law Firm if you find yourself in this situation. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries after an Uber or Lyft accident.
Damages in Texas Lyft Accidents
- Medical bills and all health-related expenses
- Trauma from the accident, as well as your physical pain
- Lost pay from missing work, as well as future missed work in the case of disability
- Lost or damaged property
Getting these claims will be challenging, however. If you leave everything to Lyft’s insurance provider, there’s a chance you’ll receive a smaller payout than you deserve. You can improve your odds by hiring a Lyft accident attorney in Texas.
How can I Protect Myself in a Lyft?
Contact a Dedicated Houston Attorney To Discuss Your Rush Hour Accident Claim
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.