Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Lane Change Truck Accident Lawyer
When a lane change is done improperly it can cause a serious accident and injuries. Merging from one lane to another is not as easy as it seems – especially for large trucks. Small passengers have other vehicles to look out for, while semi-trucks have areas where they cannot see while changing lanes. It’s very easy for motorists to become involved in lane change accidents. While semi-trucks do have mirrors to help them see, they lack rear view mirrors, so they can’t see behind them or on the sides. If you are injured in a truck accident involving unsafe lane changes, our Houston truck accident lawyer at the Pascoe Law Firm can examine your case and determine your right to recovery.
How Lane Change Accidents Happen
Common Causes of Lane Change Truck Accidents
- Distracted Drivers – A truck driver who takes their eyes off the road for just a moment can cause a terrible wreck. Safe lane changes are virtually impossible when the truck driver is speaking on their phone, eating, or adjusting some setting on their vehicle’s console.
- Exhausted or Intoxicated Drivers – Performing a safe lane change is impossible when a trucker is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Similarly, overworked, tired drivers can have a difficult time conducting routine actions such as a lane change.
- Failing To Use Turn Signal – Truck drivers often violate state law by neglecting to use a turn signal when changing lanes.
- Failing To Check Mirrors Or Consider Blind Spots – Some truck drivers will assume that other cars will get out of their way, and therefore they don’t always check in all directions when making a lane change.
Injuries and Damages in Lane Change Accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Internal injuries
- Broken limbs
- Back and neck injuries
What to do if You are Involved in a Lane Change Truck Accident
- Record Information about the Accident – Write down as many facts as you can about the accident. Things of which to make note include names of the other drivers involved in the wreck, their insurance information, whether any of the vehicles had damage prior to the accident, and whether anyone else saw the accident occur.
- See Your Doctor – After an accident, it is important to see a physician so that your injuries are diagnosed and documented. Failure to do so can give the insurance company an opportunity to argue that you are not as seriously injured as you claim to be or that some intervening event was the actual cause of your injuries.
- Call a Truck Accident Lawyer – Calling a lawyer as soon as you can after an accident will stop the annoying phone calls from insurance adjusters and an experienced truck accident attorney will protect your rights so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
What Truck Drivers Can Do To Prevent Lane Change Accidents
- They should stay in the right lane as much as possible and only change lanes when absolutely necessary.
- Start signaling well in advance, other drivers can see what the truck driver plans to do and adjust their driving accordingly.
- Truck drivers should also keep plenty of room between their truck and the vehicle in front of them. This reduces the risk of not only rear-ending the car in front of them, but it also eliminates the need to change lanes quickly in order to avoid an accident.
- Lastly, truck drivers can improve their visibility by keeping mirrors clean and properly mounted. It may also be a good idea to install extra mirrors on the sides of the truck.
Our Texas Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.