Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Head On Truck Accident Lawyer
Head-on truck accidents are some of the most serious cases that our Houston trucking accident attorney at Pascoe Law Firm takes on, primarily due to the devastation that trucks are capable when colliding with smaller and lighter vehicles. Even the most advanced and innovative safety technologies being deployed in vehicles today is not enough to counter the weight, momentum, and force of an 80,000-pound vehicle when it slams head-on into another vehicle. Many of these accidents are due to driver error or fatigue, and the victims and their families are entitled to recover fair compensation for negligent and reckless behavior on the part of drivers and their employers.
What Is A Head On Truck Accident?
Causes of Head On Accidents
Common Injuries in Head-On Truck Accidents
- Head and Brain Injuries — When you’re involved in a forceful collision, your head may be whipped back and forth from the impact. This can cause your brain to impact against the inside of your skull, which can result in damage to numerous brain functions. A head-on collision also could result in objects striking your head, which can lead to a concussion, or even penetrating your head, which can cause brain damage.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries — The force of a head-on collision could cause a variety of injuries to your back or spinal cord. You could experience a slipped or herniated disc, which can be extremely painful and usually requires surgery and a lengthy recovery. You also could experience a bruised or broken spinal column, which could result in nerve damage or paralysis.
- Neck Injuries or Whiplash — When you experience an intense impact such as a head-on crash, your neck may be stretched beyond its normal length. Your spine is designed to be flexible and to absorb shocks, but when your neck is unnaturally extended, it can result in the injury known as whiplash. Whiplash can be painful and affect your day-to-day functions. Other common neck injuries you may experience in a head-on crash include painful slipped or herniated discs, or a broken neck, which at a minimum is extremely painful and can result in paralysis.
- Soft Tissue Injuries — You may experience painful damage to your muscles, ligaments, or tendons. These injuries can be quite painful, and sometimes the pain is long-term, especially if not properly treated soon after the accident.
- Broken Bones — Broken arms, legs, or ribs are not uncommon in a head-on crash as the front end of the car crumples and pushes into the driver or passenger seats. Airbags can minimize the force of the impact, but can cause injuries themselves.
- Lost Limbs — In very serious crashes, limbs may be crushed or severed, or be so badly damaged that amputation is the only course of action.
- Cuts — Cuts to the face or body from shattered windshields or side windows can be very serious and require plastic surgery to minimize scarring.
What Are The Responsibilities of a Truck Driver to Avoid Head-On Crashes?
Contributing Factors to Head-On Truck Collisions
- Performing A Maneuver - the driver crosses the center line into oncoming traffic. If a vehicle is sitting at a light when this occurs, the victim may have little recourse to avoid the accident.
- Disregarding Traffic Devices - the driver violates a traffic control device such as a red light or stop sign and collides with an oncoming vehicle that is turning left.
- Passing Other Vehicles - the driver does not have adequate clearance and is unable to return to his or her lane before hitting an oncoming vehicle.
- Traveling At Unsafe Speed - a trailer jackknife causes the driver to completely lose control of the truck, sending it into oncoming traffic or creating a pile-up accident.
Call a Houston Head-On Truck Accident Attorney Today
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.