Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Head On Collision Accident Lawyer
Head-on accidents are commonly called “lane-departure” accidents. While head-on accidents can happen at any time, many occur on two lane roads or highways while trying to pass another vehicle. Additionally, drivers that engage in dangerous or reckless driving behaviors also are at an increased risk of being involved in one of these accidents. According to Transportation.org, 75 percent of all head-on crashes occur on rural roads that have undivided two-lane roadways. Furthermore, 68 percent of deadly head-on accidents occur while the drivers are going straight.
Causes Of Head-On Auto Collisions
- Driving Under the Influence- Alcohol and/or drug impairment is often involved in head-on collisions. Drunk drivers frequently cross into the wrong lane of traffic as they swerve or lose control of their vehicles.
- Distracted Driving- Cell phone can distract drivers and cause them to take their eyes off the road. Many unknowingly swerve into oncoming traffic. Drivers who aren’t paying attention because they are focused on their cell phones or other distractions can swerve or drift out of their lanes. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 18 percent of all injury-producing traffic accidents in 2010 occurred as a result of a distracted driver. The NHTSA also reported that drivers who are using a hand-held device is between four and 23 times as likely to get into a crash, depending upon whether they are talking or texting.
- Fatigued Driving- Drivers who have not had enough sleep can be very dangerous on the road. Falling asleep while driving a vehicle caused 20% of serious accidents each year and many of these where head on collisions. A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) study found that 4.2 percent of more than 147,000 surveyed drivers had fallen asleep behind the wheel at least once in the prior 30 days. A dozing driver can easily cross into oncoming traffic.
- Reckless Driving- improper lane changes cause many accidents each year. According to Transportation.org, 4.2 percent of fatal head-on crashes occur when a driver tries to pass on an undivided two-lane roadway. Drivers who try to pass vehicles by swerving over into oncoming traffic or are speeding and lose control of their vehicle can cause head-on collisions. Losing control around a curve – Transportation.org estimates that 23 percent of fatal head-on car accidents happen when a driver takes a curve too fast or otherwise loses control of the vehicle on a curve.
Types of Injuries in Head-on Crashes
- Neck and Back injuries
- Soft Tissue Damage
- Knees, Hips, & Leg Injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Brain Injuries / Brain damage
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Paraplegia or Quadriplegia
- Broken Bones
Attorney For Head On Collision Accidents
Our head on accident attorney fights for the rights of those who suffer injury after being hit by a car. Motorists have a duty to drive with caution. The Pascoe Law Firm in League City, Texas represents front end collision accident victims in the Galveston County and League City areas. We are very familiar with the serious injuries that can occur in car accidents. Our head on collision lawyer is committed to holding negligent drivers fully responsible for their actions. You can reach us at 713-829-4317 for a free consultation and prompt investigation. If you are or a loved one has been injured and suffered personal injury, call the Pascoe Law firm to speak with accident lawyer. The Pascoe Law Firm provides a free personal injury consultation for head on collision car accident victims. Call or contact us online to speak with a Galveston County and League City area Car Accident Lawyer if you or a family member was hit by a car. Hablamos Español.
Head-On Accident - Research and Reports - Galveston County / League City
Using Head-on Collisions to Compare Risk of Driver Death by Frontal Air Bag Generation: A Matched-Pair Cohort Study
Head-On Collisions- Executive Summary
- Fatal Auto Accidents
- Vehicle Rollovers
- Rear End Collision
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Side Impact Collision
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Highway Accident
- Intersection Collision
- What To Do After A Car Accident
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Fatal Motorcycle Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Child Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident
- Child Pedestrian Accident
- Common Car Accident Injuries
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Webster, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, Eagle Shale Ford, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, McAllen, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, South Padre Island, Southbelt Ellington, Taylor Lake Village, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 45 reviews.