Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer
Attorney for Garbage Truck Accidents & Lawsuits
The consequences of a collision between a garbage truck and another vehicle are terrible and the cases involving garbage trucks are not only real but very common. No one is denying that waste management is a necessary job as well as a dangerous one. For those valiant workers who spend their days working on a garbage truck, there are just so many risk to monitor as well as doing fast and difficult work under tough conditions. Waste management workers have also traditionally been one of the top careers in the U.S. at risk for injuries and fatalities. In fact, the U.S. Department of Labor ranks the job of garbage truck operators as one of the country’s most dangerous occupations, largely due to the oversized rate of fatal garbage truck accidents.
Common Causes of Garbage Truck Crashes
Human error often plays a key role in an accident if a negligent garbage truck operator fails to monitor their surroundings.
- Transportation Accidents- over half of the half of the fatalities were attributed to this factor
- Highway Accidents involve Garbage Trucks- 8 deaths involving waste management vehicles occurred on the U.S. Highways.
- Object or Equipment Accident- 6 deaths were attributed to either equipment failure or from being injured from an object involved with trash pick up
Statistics For Garbage Truck Wrecks
Risk Factors for Garbage Truck Accidents
- Falling debris- Although garbage trucks are designed to keep waste contained in the truck, sometimes debris flies out. When heavy debris hits pedestrians or vehicles, or creates an obstruction in the road, it may serious injuries.
- Inattentive drivers- The large size of a garbage truck makes it difficult for garbage truck operators to see other drivers or people nearby. Accidents happen when the driver fails to monitor his or her surroundings before backing up.
- Negligent driving- As with any other collision, garbage truck accidents can occur when the garbage truck driver operates the vehicle in a negligent or reckless manner. Whether the driver was speeding, not paying attention, fails to obey traffic rules or is driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they can be found to be negligent in the event of an accident.
- Equipment failure- Garbage trucks are complex equipment so mechanical issues in a garbage truck, such as brake failure or steering wheel failure, can cause serious accidents and injuries. Mechanical failures might be due to poor vehicle maintenance or defective garbage truck design, either of which can apply liability to different parties besides the garbage truck driver.
Garbage Truck Injuries Lawyer In Texas
Lawyer for Garbage Truck Injuries in Texas
- Crushing accidents- this injury is common in many professions, it can occur when limbs or appendages get caught in the moving parts on a garbage truck.
- Lacerations also known as receiving a bodily cuts or wound- This is the most common type of injury associated with garbage truck workers. These injuries can occur from moving equipment or from being struck by objects falling.
- Being hit by the Garbage Truck- Garbage truck workers are commonly struck by the truck which they are working with. Many of these accidents occur when a garbage truck is backing up or when the garbage worker gets struck by other vehicles on the road.
Garbage Truck Safety
- Garbage truck drivers and operators should always use reflective and protective gear when working on trucks.
- Workers must stand at the side of the truck when the compactor is running.
- All garbage truck equipment needs to be turned off completely to ensure that employees are not in danger of being crushed.
- Workers must create a pedestrian-free zone while trucks are operating
- Truck operators should constantly monitor their surroundings and stop their work if other workers or pedestrians are not in view
Lawyer Who Represents Garbage Truck Accidents
Experienced Houston Garbage Truck Accident Attorney
Garbage Truck Accidents - Research and Reports - Galveston County / League City
Injury statistics show the industry’s focus on safety is paying off, but fatality numbers are still unacceptably high.
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 66 reviews.