Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Texas Forklift Injury Lawyer
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics, a report that nearly 100 workers lose their lives because of a fatal forklift accident has occurred. Furthermore, another 20,000 workers were seriously injured every year due to a forklift accident. Often times, a forklift accident could have been avoided if those that were using the device followed safety procedures. A forklift is a piece of industrial equipment which is used to lift heavy objects, for loading large materials on to trucks, and for storage of products. Fork lifts are commonly found in factories, construction sites, warehouses, and chemical plants or oil refineries.
Common Causes of a Forklift Accident
- Falling to warn others near the work area of the forklift use
- Workers who get hit by the forklift
- Dropping heavy loads due to imbalance
- Failing to check the area for other workers
- Workers being crushed from either falling objects or the forklift itself
How to Prevent Forklift Accidents and Injuries
- Mounting and Dismounting- forklift injuries can occur simply from how the worker enters and exits the forklift. Many forklift accident occurs from the worker slipping or falling from the forklift or hitting their head on overhead cage.
- Starting and Stopping- Forklifts just like other large trucks or vehicles have blind spots that make it difficult to see around. It is important to watch for these blind spots when starting and braking. When parking the forklift it is necessary to park the forklift in an appropriate area to do so. Select an area to park. Do not park in an unauthorized area. Make sure not to block an aisle or exits with the forklift and to follow the company's parking procedures for the forklift.
- Operating Speed of the Forklift- rollover accidents occur with a fork lift if the forklift driver is traveling too fast while operating the forklift. Traveling too fast on a forklift also increases the risk of a collision with a pedestrian obstacle from the inability to stop in time. This is often how bystanders or coworkers get hit by a forklift.
- Steering, Turning, and Reversing- it is important that the when reversing or changing direction that the forklift driver avoids doing so in a manner that could cause the forklift to tip over or cause a collision with a pedestrian. There is an increased risk of having the load become lose and fall during steering, turning and reversing maneuvers.
- Visibility- making sure that the forklift driver has proper vision is important. Larger loads can cause blind spots of visibility. A forklift driver needs to use their mirrors and adhere to the safety standards about making sure it is known that a forklift is in use.
Injury Lawyer for People Harmed in Forklift Accidents In Texas
Forklift Injury & Forklift Accident - Reports and Research - Galveston County / League City
Operating the Forklift: Traveling & Maneuvering
Preventing Injuries and Deaths of Workers Who Operate or Work Near Forklifts
OSHA Safety Regulations for Forklift Operators
OSHA Forklift Seat belt Regulations
FY14 Fatalities and Catastrophes To Date
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.