Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
FedEx Truck Accident Lawyer
FedEx began its operations several decades ago. Today it employs more than 140,000 workers around the world, and FedEx trucks drive millions of miles on roads every day. Many customers depend on FedEx deliveries to arrive on time, particularly those using the service for business. While FedEx drivers are supposed to avoid unsafe situations and follow certain safety rules, they may get into accidents. If you were injured in a FedEx truck accident you may have a case against both the driver and possibly the parent company.
Common Causes of FedEx Truck Accidents In Texas Highways and Houston Streets
- Speed - Speeding while driving in order to meet delivery deadlines. There may be times when the carrier is running late due to traffic or some other factor and they speed to meet their deadlines. Extra speed can lead to accidents because maneuvering and braking become difficult, and often lead to accidents.
- DUI - Drunk driving or driving under the influence of narcotic substances. In order to make their deliveries and drive into the late hours of the night, drivers may take drugs in order to stay up. These drugs can interfere with a driver’s decision-making ability. Likewise, irresponsible drivers may drive under the influence of alcohol which also puts other drivers on the road at risk.
- Distracted Driving - Truck drivers may take out their phones to text, call, fix their GPS, or change the tunes. Drivers have a responsibility to drive with the most care.
- Disregarding Rules - Not following truck driving guidelines and regulations. All truck drivers must adhere to the rules and regulations that were made for trucks. Since they are large vehicles, a separate set of regulations were made in order to decrease traffic and keep other drivers safe.
- Improper maintenance of the vehicle – Proper maintenance of a vehicle helps make sure the vehicle will not breakdown while on the road.
- Defective Vehicle Parts - Including defective tires leading to tire blowouts and defective brakes.
- Improper Loading of Cargo - Improper fastening of cargo which can fall from the truck and land on the street. Some cars may try to veer out of the way to avoid the package and cause an accident. Liability will fall to the company.
- Driver Fatigue - Driver fatigue and losing control of the vehicle. Driving can be an exhausting profession. When drivers do not take their recommended breaks, it can lead to driver fatigue. If the driver falls asleep at the wheel and loses control of their truck, it can result in catastrophic damages.
- Improper Training - Because trucks have their own regulations when it comes to road safety, it is crucial they understand the rules and regulations that they must follow. If they do not receive the proper training, they will not know proper truck driving, which can lead to severe accidents.
Proving Negligence of FedEx and Drivers
- You were owed a duty of care
- The duty of care was breached
- The breach resulted in an accident of some kind
- The accident caused physical harm
Evidence for Your Claim After A FedEx Truck Accident
- Photos of the scene of the accident and the damage to your car
- Pictures of your injuries
- Medical bills and receipts
- Eyewitness statements and testimonies
- Police report
Steps to Take After a Collision With a FedEx Truck
- Get Immediate Medical Attention- Even if you do not need emergency care, you should always get yourself checked out by a licensed physician.
- Call the Police- All accidents that result in injuries or major property damage in Texas should be reported to the local law enforcement agency.
- Gather Evidence at the Scene- You should get the name of the truck driver, the identifying information for the UPS delivery vehicle, photographs of the crash damage, and any other relevant information.
Attorney for FedEx Truck Accidents in Texas
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.