Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Failure to Yield Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles share the road with other vehicles and are being protected by the same rule of the road. However, many motorcycles have low visibility compared to other drivers on the road. Furthermore, distractions on the part of other drivers failing to yield to motorcycles cause serious accidents. Between the years 2001-2008, the result of motorcycle accidents was over 34,000 motorcycle-rider deaths and 1.2 million injuries, much of them caused by other vehicles’ failures to yield.
Statistical Information for Motorcycle Accidents
- 56% of the 4,553 motorcycle fatalities had involvement with two-vehicle crashes. 98% of the crash fatalities were either the driver of passenger or the driver of the motorcycle. Only 2% of the crash fatalities were shared by the other vehicles.
- 35% of the accidents showed that the passenger vehicle failed to yield in these instances. On the other side, only 4% of the time was the failure to yield a fault held by the motorcyclist. Moreover, in all the accidents, passenger vehicles failing to yield held the highest percentage of driver-related factors.
- 90% of reported crashes occurred on non-interstate roads. Of these accidents, 50% occurred at intersections where yielding poses a significant issue.
Why Vehicles Fail to Yield to Motorcycles
Common Causes of Failure to Yield Motorcycle Wrecks
- Distracted driving- cell phones, electronic devices, other passengers and many other distractions can take driver’s focus off of the road.
- Impaired driving- alcohol and other substances that impair a person’s judgment behind the wheel are a constant danger when used when driving.
- Drowsy driving- more and more drivers are getting behind the wheel with too little sleep and are not as alert as they need to be.
Galveston / Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Representing Injured Motorcycle Riders
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Channelview, Cypress, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place and throughout Texas.