Pascoe Law FirmDrunk Driving Motorcycle Accident
Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.
Drunk Driving Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Statistics on Drunk Driving Motorcycle Accidents
The CDC has also offered the following statistics to the public in regards to intoxicated driving on the road and its effects:
- Over 211 children died as a result of alcohol-impaired driving in 2010
- Over 50 percent of children dying as a result of alcohol-impaired driving were with an intoxicated driver
- Over 10,000 people died from intoxicated driving in 2010
- Over 1,200 traffic deaths involved children in 2010
- It is clear that when someone decides to drive while drunk, he or she is not only putting one’s own life at risk. An intoxicated driver puts many other lives at risk, including those of children and even motorcycle drivers.
Drunk Driving Statistics in Texas For Motorcycle Riders
Injuries Associated with Motorcycle Accidents Involving Drunk Drivers
There are serious injuries that can result when one is involved in a motorcycle accident due to the intoxicated driving of others. Here are some of the injuries that can occur from a drunk motorcycle driving accident:
- Severed limbs
- Head injuries and concussions
- Deep abrasions
- Serious burns
- Permanent disabilities
- Loss of vision and blindness
- Depression, traumatic memories, and anxiety issues
- In serious cases, death
Texas has now implemented a “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” program that is aimed at decreasing the number of intoxicated riders on the road. The purpose of this program is to hold drivers accountable for putting the lives of others at risk. If you ride in Texas you need to be aware of intoxicated riders and drivers on the road.