Pascoe Law FirmDefective Part Motorcycle Accident
Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.
Texas Motorcycle Defect Lawyer
Defective Part Causes Motorcycle Accident
Common Motorcycle Defects
Motorcycles have a lot of parts, and a defect in anything from the smallest bolt to the engine could cause you to have an accident and become hurt. Some of the most common defects that lead to motorcycle injuries include:
- Defective Tires or Wheels — When wheels or tires don’t work as they should, that could result in loss of the rider’s ability to control the motorcycle. The motorcycle could wobble, swerve, or skid across lanes. A tire blowout could cause the motorcycle to crash.
- Defective Engine — When engine parts malfunction, the motorcycle may suddenly stall and cause the rider to crash.
- Defective Brakes — When brakes fail, consequences for motorcycle riders can be disastrous. A brake failure may result in an inability to slow or stop when needed, and that can lead to a collision.
- Defective Fuel Line or Tank — Defective fuel lines or fuel tanks create a serious fire risk that could cause severe burns to the rider.
- Defective Handlebar — The handlebar is the motorcycle’s steering mechanism. When the handlebar is defective, the rider may not be able to properly steer the motorcycle and may lose control and crash.
Common Injuries from A Motorcycle Defective Part Accident
Even a crash that only involves the motorcycle and no other vehicles can be devastating for a rider. Riders may experience a range of debilitating and painful injuries that include:
- Broken arms, legs, or ribs
- Skull or facial fractures
- Disfiguring facial lacerations
- Concussion or brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries, including herniated discs
- Torn muscles, tendons, or ligaments
- Bruises, cuts, and scrapes
How a Houston / Galveston Motorcycle Defect Lawyer Can Help