What do you do if you are injured in a car accident while on vacation?
While on vacation in Texas, the last thing you plan for is an injury or accident ruining your trip. The legal process in obtaining the compensation you deserve is all the more complicated for you, as a tourist. Texas offers an array of leisure activities, opening the door for the possibility of accident or injury. We can help combat any difficulties you may come across, ensuring your time in our beautiful state is as seamless as possible. Though you have the dream of enjoying a seamless, relaxing, and memorable vacation, an accident can throw a wrench into that plan quite quickly. This is why it is vital you enlist in the help of an experienced attorney. Our legal team will help you figure out the interstate insurance legalities, which are different according to your home state laws. According to the CDC, 20-50 million people are injured in motor vehicle crashes each year, worldwide. So, have fun on your summer vacation, but remember to be cautious when operating a vehicle.
What Legal Rights Do I have Following A Car Accident On Vacation?
How To Demonstrating the Fault of Another Driver of the Accident
Example: A Trip Gone Wrong
Tips To Avoid A Car Accident On Vacation
- Educate yourself on local traffic laws and driving procedures of the country in which you’ll be driving.
- Make sure you know how to properly operate your vehicle, especially if renting something you don’t often drive.
- Drive safely (take a taxi or Uber if you’re planning on drinking while out)
- Avoid riding a motorcycle, or wear a helmet if it’s the only option
- Buckle up and ensure children are properly secured in car seats
- Avoid overcrowded or top-heavy buses and vans if relying on public transportation
- Be extra alert when crossing the street, taking special note if you’re in a country where cars drive on the “other” side of the road
How To Handle A Car Accident While On Vacation?
- Call the police to come to the scene and prepare an accident report.
- Collect relevant information from other the driver(s) involved such as insurance information, license plate number, contact information, and the make, model, and VIN of the other car(s).
- If there were any witnesses to the accident, you should collect their contact information as well.
- Should medical attention be required, seek it immediately. Don’t wait until you return home from your trip. Consider going to the emergency room after an accident, whether you feel totally fine or not to ensure there aren’t any hidden injuries.
- Make sure you document everything and receive proper documentation from the medical staff treating you.
Having Trouble Finding Local Lawyer? Contact the Pascoe Law Firm
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 70 reviews.