Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Auto Injury Lawyer
Auto Injury Lawyer represents car accident injuries and services the Galveston, League City, Pearland, Texas City, Friendswood, Kemah, and Alvin, TX areas. Call our attorney at 713-829-4317. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 65,539 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2013 with 89,270 people sustaining a serious injury. In Texas, we had 232,041 persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2013. With the annual vehicle miles traveled in Texas for 2013 reaching 240.447 billion miles traveled by Texas, auto injury from car accidents are not expected to substantially decrease anytime soon.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Fractures of Bones- during the collision the force from the impact of a car or truck hitting your vehicle at a high rate of speed can cause bones to break. Common broken bones are arms, hands, and wrists. These are typically associated trying to shield or protect oneself from the accident. Many can also fracture the bone in their legs in several different locations. Fractures in the leg can causes severe pain and length recovery times. The leg bones are the larger of the bones in the human body can take long periods of time to heal. Other fractures include the clavicle, broken ribs and/or sternum injuries.
- Whiplash- following an accident many describe a pain in their neck. The neck might be sore and difficult or unable to be turned left and right. Whiplash is a common auto injury associated with a car accident and can occur to both drivers and passengers of motor vehicle accidents. Whiplash occurs by the neck being strained in the accident. Another way of thinking of whiplash is as a pulled muscle. The pulled muscle description of whiplash might be the better way to think of this injury. Hypothetically, if a rear impact collision occurred the force of the impact would come from the back of the vehicle. The vehicle would then start to move forward, then as the vehicle starts to move forward the car seats start to move forward, and then the driver or passenger’s body would also be pulled forward from the impact of the collision. While this series of events is occurring the driver or passenger’s body is suddenly jerked forward causing the neck and head to be pulled along with his or her body. Whiplash can occur from any direction and as best described as a pulled muscle.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries- following a severe car accident many drivers and passengers can sustain injuries that can severely impact and damage their brain. These brain injuries can cause permanent brain damage and have a debilitating impact on the individual as well as their loved ones. Some brain injuries from car accident can cause the individuals to become disabled or have a long term recovery period. Brain injuries can also occur in the form known as a concussion. Concussions normally result from receiving a hit to the head. After this brain injury occurs one might feel dizzy, have sensitivity to light, feel light headed, have trouble thinking, as well as other possible associations.
- Spinal Cord Injuries- these types of injuries can be extremely severe to minor depending on the impact of the car accident, motorcycle accident, or truck accident. In severe cases of spinal cord injuries it can lead to paralysis, paraplegia or quadriplegia. These are injuries that occurred to the spinal cord and can lead to the driver or passenger unable to walk or move their arms and/or legs.
- Back Injury/ Neck Injury- these are probably the most common injuries associated with a car accident, truck accident, or 18 wheeler accident. Back and Neck injuries can be a strained muscle that occurs at either location. It can also include compression fractures or disc herniation (where the vertebrae in the neck or back become injured and out of place.) These injuries can have severe pain while trying to stand up, bend over, or use the body. Many can experience debilitating pain and can take time to recover from. Many with these types of injury visit a chiropractor to help their spinal alignment get corrected over a series of adjustments. Many chiropractor visits may be covered by your automotive insurance policy following an accident under a clause called “PIP” or personal injury protection.
Lawyer For Auto Injury In League City, Texas
Auto Injury - Research, Reports, and Statistics - Galveston County / League City
NHTSA - Driving Safety Research and Evaluation
Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Crash Highlights
Texas Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics - 2013
State of Texas Crash Rates 2013
- Car Accident
- Fatal Auto Accidents
- Head On Collision
- Vehicle Rollovers
- Rear End Collision Accident
- Hit and Run Accident
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Side Impact Collision
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Highway Accident
- Intersection Collision
- What To Do After A Car Accident
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Fatal Motorcycle Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Child Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident
- Child Pedestrian Accident
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Webster, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Brookside Village, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Liberty County, Manvel,Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Southbelt Ellington, Taylor Lake Village, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 45 reviews.