Burn Injuries Lawyer
Burn Injury Lawyer servicing the Galveston, Houston, Baytown, Beaumont, Dickinson, Clear Lake, and League City, Texas areas. Contact our Law Firm at 713-829-4317. Our Burn Injury Attorney will seek comprehensive compensation for severe burns. At the Pascoe Law Firm, our burn injury attorney is especially sensitive to the needs of burn injury victims. We know that recovery is a long and painful process. We know that long after the skin heals over, the physical and emotional scars profoundly affect the quality of life for victims and their families. Personal injury attorney John D Pascoe spends time and energy with his clients, their doctors, and family members to understand the extent of the disability, their level of pain, and the need for ongoing medical attention and treatment. He carefully documents the lawsuit to cover the staggering hospital bills, future and past skin grafts or reconstructive surgery, 24-hour nursing care or assisted living help, pain medications and burn care products,wheelchairs, air purifiers and home modifications, psychiatric care and psychological counseling, the terrible pain and suffering, the lost earning capacity, and the permanent or partial disability of his clients.
Burns: Burn Injury Victims May Have Legal Options
- Industrial explosion,
- Chemical burn,
- Car Accident Fire,
- Electrical burn,
- Scalding water or steam.
- Oil rig and refinery explosion,
- Fire on ship,
- Natural gas leak
- skin rejuvenation treatments,
- Burns from mishaps with gasoline, fireworks, butane lighters, propane grills, or medical oxygen tanks.
Burns Are Categorized Into Degree Of Severity
- 1st Degree Burn- these burns are characterized by damage to the top layer of the epidermis or skin. This is the outermost cover that you see when looking at your body. These are the least severe burn on the scale and can be caused from over exposure to the sun or hot water.
- 2nd Degree Burn- this is that goes past the outer layer of the skin and also damages the underlying layer. These can often be described as say that the burn has damaged both the first layer and then burned the layer underneath as well. Second degree burns often will have blisters, redness, and swelling. Many of these types of burns are caused by scalding water or liquid. These can be very painful injuries and cause scaring to occur.
- 3rd Degree Burn- Just as above, a third degree burn is a burn that has expanded past the above two layers. In a third degree burn the muscle is typically burned and will have an effect on the total skin and size of the arm. These severe burns can be caused by chemicals, open flames and fire, steam, or electricity. This category of burn will more than likely require specialized treatment from a burn center.Treatment of third degree burns is excruciating and endless, starting with painful Clorox baths to cleanse wounds and prevent infection and frequent application of gels to aid healing and keep skin supple. Burn victims commonly need round-the-clock pain medication and sedation because of the physical and mental agony. There may be multiple rounds of skin graft surgeries and grueling physical therapy, and some victims will require surgical amputation. Those who are burned on the face and head may suffer loss of vision, hearing or speech in addition to permanent disfigurement. Their fragile skin cannot endure heat or sunlight, and many stop going out in public anyway because of the reactions to their appearances.
Attorney Representing Burn Injury Victims
Burn Research, Statistics, & Treatment - Galveston County / League City
International Society for Burn Injuries
Burn Triage and Treatment: Thermal Injuries
Burn Injuries & Related Information
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, McAllen, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, South Houston, South Padre Island, Southbelt Ellington, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 59 reviews.