Pascoe Law FirmCAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Principal office located in Friendswood, Texas.
Available to service League City, Webster, Pearland, Galveston, and the surrounding areas within Texas.
Bikes on the Bayou Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Tips for Safe Experience at Bikes on the Bayou
- Make travel plans early. If you’re shipping a motorcycle, make arrangements well in advance. Call your motorcycle shipping company well ahead of time so you’ll know how long you’ll be without your bike pre- and post-rally.
- Make a game plan for the week ahead of time. One of the big complaints you’ll hear from new attendees is that they missed one of the big events or signature rides. All the big rallies have websites that list the entertainment and events. Sketch out a rough list of who you really want to see and where you want to be. You can always change your mind, but you won’t miss anything accidentally.
- Find a place to stay. The rally websites will have a list of hotels, campgrounds and private homes available for rent. You may want to read reviews to see if your choice will be a quiet place to crash or a non-stop party!
- Get there early for concerts. Good seats (or standing room) at big shows will go fast. Stake out your spot early to get the best view.
- Get a tune-up. You don’t want to spend any time tracking down a mechanic or a part when there is partying to be done.
- Ask other riders for tips. If you can’t travel with an experienced rally rider, join the event’s Facebook page and get the inside scoop. People are usually happy to help.
- Don’t drink and ride. Nothing will spoil the fun faster than spending the week in the county jail, or worse, hurting yourself or someone else.
- Check and Watch the Weather, Rallies take place outside, so you want to make yourself as comfortable as possible. The last thing you want is to be uncomfortable, simply because you didn’t check the weather and wore the wrong type of clothes.
- Don’t forget your camera. Rallies have so much going on that you’ll definitely want to share the experience with friends. Stories and pictures can last a lifetime.
- Be safe. Make sure to park your bike in well-lit, busy areas, and use a fork lock or other locking systems. Like it or not, thieves can be at any rally. And of course, never store the bike’s registration with the bike – keep it in your wallet.
Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Leading Reasons For Motorcycle Accidents
- Inexperienced riders
- Alcohol & drugs
- Poor weather and road conditions
- Failing to wear or improper use of protective gear (helmet, leather clothing)
- Distractions (texting, talking on a cell phone, eating)
- Weaving in and out of traffic
In many accidents, the point of impact is the front of the motorcycle which typically results in the most devastating and fatal injuries. As a result, costs are high, including physical and emotional pain, expensive medical bills, lost wages and property damage. You may also be left wondering whether you will ever be able to ride again. This anxiety is compounded if the accident wasn’t your fault or was due to another driver’s negligence.