Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer servicing Texas. According to the IIHS, there were a total of 3,514 fatal 18 wheeler accidents in 2012. This number is 12% higher than it was in 2009. The total number of people who died in truck accidents also increased 32% from that same time period. If Have you been injured in an 18-wheeler accident, call us at 713-829-4317. First, please get medical attention. If you need help finding medical attention, Attorney John D. Pascoe might be able to help you with this process. Driver errors or trucking company errors can cause deadly accidents and are common causes for 18 wheeler crashes. Truck drivers and trucking companies are under pressure to deliver goods on time no matter what the increased risk maybe from meeting the deadline. Unfortunately, that often means that safety can suffer as a result.
Experienced 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Common Types of 18 Wheeler Collisions
- Straight Collision- is the most deadly type of truck accidents accounted for 3,189 deaths on the roadways. These accidents occur when the truck goes straight into the other vehicle.
- Head-On Collisions- was the second most common type of accident that occurred. There were 2,980 deaths from head on collisions were the truck and the vehicle collided into the front of another vehicle. This could be from sharing a narrow two lane road with these trucks and encroaching into the middle or opposite lane while trying to pass.
- Side-Swipe Accident- the second most common type of accident was were the truck or vehicle collision occurred on the side of the vehicle. Many of these are because of the vehicle coming into the truck. There were 1,808 fatal truck accidents that involved vehicles that were side swiped. This statistic remained about constant across all types of commercial trucks.
- Vehicles Turning into Truck- vehicles need to learn to give these large trucks space while on the roadway. Vehicles turning into or cutting off trucks accounted for 1,450 fatalities while driving. Vehicles will often try to get in front of a cement truck, dump truck, tow truck, semi-truck, or van because they are in a hurry and do not want to be traveling behind them because they believe they are slow. Unfortunately, many of these accidents are caused by the vehicle not providing the truck with enough space.
- Rear-End Collisions- there were 1,329 fatal accidents on the roadway involving a rear-end collision with an 18-wheeler. It is very common for cars to actually rear-end the trucks to cause the fatal accidents. To be fair there were a fair amount of trucks that rear ended vehicles too. These are often tragic accidents that have deadly results. Please remember to give large trucks space while on the road. Cutting of these big rig trucks can have deadly results.
- Trucks Turning Accidents- this type of accident accounted for 822 fatalities. Truck turning accidents occur when the truck is turning and collides with the car or SUV trying to make the turn. Many large trucks turn very slowly and need space to maneuver in narrow areas. Many truck drivers have blind spots in what they can see while driving so it is best to give plenty of room while sharing the road.
Lawyer For 18 Wheeler Accidents in Galveston
Protect Your Legal Rights Following An 18 Wheeler Accident
18 Wheeler Accident Reports and Statistical Information - Galveston County / League City
Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts - 2011
Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts - 2010
- Fatal Truck Accident
- Semi-Truck Accident
- Rear-End Truck Collision
- Common Injuries From Truck Accidents
- Steps For After A Truck Accident
- Impaired Truck Driver Accidents
- Wide Turn Truck Accidents
- Blind Spot Accident
- Highway Truck Accidents
- Truck Tire Blowout
- Garbage Truck Accident
- Overweight Trucks
- Bus Accident
- Unsecured Load Truck Accident
- Bad Weather Truck Accidents
- Underride Truck Accidents
- Construction Zone Truck Accidents
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Amarillo, Angleton, Austin, Baytown, Beaumont, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Conroe, Dallas, Dickinson, Deer Park, Eagle Ford Shale, El Paso, Friendswood, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Lubbock, Liberty County, McAllen, Midland, Montgomery County, Orange, Odessa, Pasadena, Plano, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, South Padre Island, Texas City, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 60 reviews.