Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer servicing Texas. According to the IIHS, there were a total of 3,514 fatal 18 wheeler accidents in 2012. This number is 12% higher than it was in 2009. The total number of people who died in 18-wheeler accidents also increased 32% from that same time period. If Have you been injured in an 18-wheeler accident, call us at 713-829-4317. First, please get medical attention. If you need help finding medical attention, Attorney John D. Pascoe might be able to help you with this process. Driver errors, or the errors from the company that owns the 18 wheeler, can cause deadly accidents and are common causes for 18 wheeler crashes. 18 Wheeler drivers and 18 Wheeler companies are under pressure to deliver goods on time no matter what the increased risk maybe from meeting the deadline. Unfortunately, that often means that safety can suffer as a result.
Experienced 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Common Types of 18 Wheeler Collisions
- Straight Collision- is the most deadly type of 18-wheeler accidents accounted for 3,189 deaths on the roadways. These accidents occur when the 18-wheeler goes straight into the other vehicle.
- Head-On Collisions- was the second most common type of accident that occurred. There were 2,980 deaths from head on collisions were the 18-wheeler and the vehicle collided into the front of another vehicle. This could be from sharing a narrow two lane road with these vehicles and encroaching into the middle or opposite lane while trying to pass.
- Side-Swipe Accident- the second most common type of accident was were the 18-wheeler or vehicle collision occurred on the side of the vehicle. Many of these are because of the vehicle coming into the 18-wheeler. There were 1,808 fatal 18-wheeler accidents that involved vehicles that were side swiped. This statistic remained about constant across all types of commercial vehicles.
- Vehicles Turning into 18 Wheeler- vehicles need to learn to give these large 18-wheelers space while on the roadway. Vehicles turning into or cutting off the 18-wheeler accounted for 1,450 fatalities while driving. Vehicles will often try to get in front of an 18-wheeler because they are in a hurry and do not want to be traveling behind them because they believe they are slow. Unfortunately, many of these accidents are caused by the vehicle not providing the 18-wheeler with enough space.
- Rear-End Collisions- there were 1,329 fatal accidents on the roadway involving a rear-end collision with an 18-wheeler. It is very common for cars to actually rear-end the 18-wheeler to cause the fatal accidents. To be fair there were a fair amount of cases that have an 18-wheeler that rear ended the vehicles in front of them as well. These are often tragic accidents that have deadly results. Please remember to give large 18-wheelers space while on the road. Cutting of these big rig 18-wheelers can have deadly results.
- 18-Wheeler Turning Accidents- this type of accident accounted for 822 fatalities. 18 Wheeler turning accidents occur when the vehicle is turning and collides with the car or SUV trying to make the turn. Many large 18-wheelers turn very slowly and need space to maneuver in narrow areas. Many 18-wheeler drivers have blind spots in what they can see while driving so it is best to give plenty of room while sharing the road.
Guide for Dealing with Injuries Sustained in a Texas 18-Wheeler Accident
Get Medical Attention As Soon As Possible
Call the Police and Get a Police Report Following an 18 Wheeler Accident
Don't Admit Fault
Exchange Information and Gather Information
Lawyer For 18 Wheeler Accidents
18 Wheeler Accident Reports and Statistical Information
Large 18 Wheeler and Bus Crash Facts - 2011
Large 18 Wheeler and Bus Crash Facts - 2010
Common Types of 18 Wheeler Crashes
Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents
The 18-Wheeler Accident Process
Your Medical Care
The Scene, the Police Report, and Notification
Paperwork and Phone Calls With Insurance Company
A Denied Insurance Claim or a Settlement Offer
Demanding Appropriate Compensation
Settling Your Case or Going to Trial
18 Wheeler Accident Checklist
Record driver information – Record as much information as you can from the 18 wheeler driver, including name, license, insurance, 18 wheeler registration, company worked for, and any other relevant data.
Record witness information – if there were any witnesses to the event, record their names and contact information.
Take pictures and other records – If you can, write a summary of the events that happened. Take pictures of your damaged vehicle, the 18 wheeler, points of impact, damaged surrounding material and more.
Be careful with 18 wheeler claim adjusters – 18 wheeler companies frequently dispatch an adjuster following 18 wheeler accidents. They take pictures, records, statements etc. to help in the 18 wheeler company’s defense. Do not talk with the adjuster regarding the accident or the events leading up to it – explain that you will seek legal counsel and the adjuster can talk to them.
Obtain records of medical attention – when you get medical attention, make sure you do so from a qualified physician. Make sure the physician records all symptoms and provides you with a full report of injuries, related as clearly as possible to the effects of the 18 wheeler accident.
Engage the services of a Texas 18 wheeler accident attorney – the process of receiving fair compensation for the personal injury you suffered due to the 18 wheeler accident can be complex and difficult. Utilize the services of an Texas 18 wheeler accident attorney to assure that the right steps are taken and followed to enable the receipt of the maximum possible compensation for your personal injury.
Attorney for 18 Wheeler Accidents in Houston Area
Protect Your Legal Rights Following An 18 Wheeler Accident
Areas We Service For 18-Wheeler Accidents
Clear Lake City
Clear Lake Shores
Fort Bend County
Memorial City Houston
Taylor Lake Village
West University Place, and
Texas Gulf Coast.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take To Settle A 18 Wheeler Accident Case Involving Involving Injuries?
How To Hire A Texas 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
How Much Does It Cost For A Texas 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer To Represent Me?
Federal 18 Wheeler Regulations
What to Do When You are Contacted by an Insurance Company After a 18 Wheeler Crash
What Are the Most Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents?
18 Wheeler Insurance Claims
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Friendswood, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Atascocita, Austin, Bay City, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Bellaire, Brazoria County, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clute, Conroe, Clear Lake, Clear Lake Shores, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Channelview, Cypress, Dallas, Danbury Dickinson, Deer Park, East Houston, El Largo, Freeport, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Greenspoint, Gulfgate, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Houston Heights, Huffman, Humble, Huntsville, Harlingen, Jefferson County, Katy, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, Memorial City Houston, Midtown Houston, Missouri City, Montgomery County, Montrose Houston, McAllen, Nassau Bay, North Houston, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Richmond, Rice Village, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Rosharon, Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, Sugar Land, Southbelt Ellington, Spring, South Padre Island, Texas City, Taylor Lake Village, The Woodlands, Tiki Island, Tomball, Victoria, Uptown Houston Galleria, Webster, West Columbia, West University Place, Weihmar, and throughout Texas.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 68 reviews.