Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Possession of Marijuana
Galveston County Possession of Marijuana Defense Attorney
- Possession of less than 2 oz. of marijuana is a Class B misdemeanor.
- 2-4 oz. if marijuana it is a Class A misdemeanor;
- 4 oz. to 5 lbs.: State jail felony;
- 5-50 lbs.: 3rd degree felony;
- 50-2000 lbs.: 2nd degree felony;
- Over 2000 lbs.: Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice institution for life or 5-99 yrs. and $50,000 fine.
- Sale .25 oz. or less: Class B misdemeanor (if no remuneration);
- 25 oz. or less: Class A misdemeanor (with remuneration);
- 25 oz. to 5 lbs.: state jail felony;
- 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.: 2nd degree felony;
- 50-2000 lbs.: 1st degree felony;
- Over 2000 lbs.: Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice institution for life or 10-99 yrs. and/or $100.000;
- Delivery to minor under 17 who is enrolled in school and over .25 oz.: 2nd degree felony;
- Within drug-free zone: penalties doubled
- 1st offense: Up to one year in prison, $1,000 fine, or both
- 2nd offense: Mandatory minimum 15 day sentence, up to two years in prison, $2,500 fine, or both
- Any subsequent offense: Mandatory minimum 90 day sentence, up to three years in prison, $5,000 fine, or both
- The first and second federal possession charges are considered misdemeanor crimes;
- However, any possession charge after that can be considered a felony if certain conditions apply.
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Webster, Texas. Available to Service: Alvin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Clear Lake, Dickinson, Friendswood, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Kemah, La Marque, League City, Manvel, Nassau Bay, Pearland, Santa Fe, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Texas City, Tiki Island, and Webster, Texas.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.