Call Today For A Free Consultation(713) 829-4317
Bicycle Accident Attorney
The Pascoe Law Firm represents bicycle accident victims in Galveston County, Houston and Harris County. We have the resources and experience to hold drivers fully accountable for their negligence and the injuries or death they cause. Call us day or night at 713-829-4317 or e-mail us for a free consultation and prompt investigation. We have handled many personal injury cases and bicycle accident such as: cyclists hit by drunks in the early morning hours, people texting while driving or otherwise preoccupied, motorists veering into designated bike lanes, drivers turning or changing lanes without looking, opening a car door into the path of a bicycle, and hitting bicyclists in crosswalks.
Common causes of a Bicycle Accident
- The term left cross and right cross are term that describes the bike accident. A left cross occurs when a vehicle like a car or truck is coming towards you and then it makes a sudden left turn into you or in the front of you and causes the collision to occur. The left cross bike accident is very common due to the bike rider being in the blind spot of the driver.
- The right hook bike accident occurs when a cyclist passes a slow moving car on the right and the car or truck suddenly turns right into the cyclist. Sharing cyclists are often presented with very dangerous situations do to driver distractions.
What to do after being in a Bicycle Accident in Galveston?
- Obtain medical attention if needed. Bike injuries can be very severe depending on the accident. If you need medical attention please do not hesitate to do so. Bicyclist can suffer painful lasting injuries form bike accidents after being hit by a car or truck. Many of these injuries can linger for a long period of time and may not be recoverable if prompt medical attention is not obtained within a reasonable time frame. Bicyclist can face injuries such as head injuries, road rash, broken bones, as well as other more severe injuries from being in a bicycle accident. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident please seek medical attention if you have been injured.
- File Police Report. Obtaining a police report is very important to protecting your care. Even if the driver has left the scene of the accident you should still obtain a police report. The police can use their resources to possible track down the other driver. Additionally, there might have been a witness who obtained the driver’s license plate number. The police report is a necessary party of filing an insurance claim. Insurance companies will almost always one the bike accident to be document with this document.
- Notify your Health Insurance Company and Automobile Insurance Company of the bicycle accident. Filing a claim against you own automobile insurance policy may be the only way to recover for all of your damages. You may be entitled for compensation for medical bills, bicycle replacement cost, lost wages, and pain and suffering. It is important to protect your legal rights by notifying both your health insurance company and your automobile insurance company after a bike crash or bicycle accident after being hit by a car. You should not worry about your insurance rate increasing. If you were not at fault this should not be an issue. This is why individuals typically have insurance, to cover these types of situations involving injuries.
- Identify any witnesses and take photos of the accident scene. If you have your phone with you most cell phone’s these days take great photos that can record the bike accident scene after being hit by a car. Additionally, by obtaining witness information you will be preserving your legal rights and helping a personal injury lawyer fight for your behalf. A personal injury lawyer will use these witnesses to collaborate your statements and use to make the negligent party takes responsibility for their actions and your injuries.
Attorney Helping Bicycle Accident Injury Victims In Galveston County
Bicycle Accident - Reports and Research
Bicycling + safety
Bike Related Injuries
Brain Injury Statistics
NHTSA - Bicycles
No Justice For Cyclists
Pedestrian and Bicyclist Crash Statistics
- Car Accident
- Fatal Auto Accidents
- Head On Collision
- Vehicle Rollovers
- Rear End Collision Accident
- Hit and Run Accident
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Side Impact Collision
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Highway Accident
- Intersection Collision
- What To Do After A Car Accident
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accident
- Fatal Motorcycle Accident
- Child Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Fatal Pedestrian Accident
- Child Pedestrian Accident
- Common Car Accident Injuries
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accident
Attorney, John D. Pascoe and the Pascoe Law Firm, is responsible for the content on this website, principal office and only office located in Webster, Texas. Servicing: Alvin, Angleton, Austin, Bayou Vista, Bacliff, Baytown, Beaumont, Brookside Village, Brownsville, Clear Lake, Chambers County, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Danbury, Dickinson, Deer Park, Eagle Shale Ford, El Lago, Friendswood, Fresno, Fort Bend County, Fort Worth, Galveston, Galveston County, Galveston Island, Harlingen, Harris County, Hitchcock, Houston, Jefferson County, Kemah, Lake Jackson, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Laredo, Liberty County, Manvel, McAllen, Montgomery County, Nassau Bay, Orange, Pasadena, Port Bolivar, Port Arthur, Pearland, Rio Grande Valley, Rosharon, Santa Fe, San Antonio, San Leon, Seabrook, Shoreacres, Sienna Plantation, South Houston, South Padre Island, Southbelt Ellington, Taylor Lake Village, Texas City, Tiki Island, Victoria, Webster, and throughout Texas.
Webpage is intended solely for residents of Texas or Persons seeking representation within Texas. An Attorney-Client relationship only occurs when both parties agree that the Attorney will represent the Client and will not be created until that agreement occurs. Website and all of its pages is intended to be used for educational purposes and does not constituted as legal advice. All information on every page of the website does NOT suggest or claim that the attorney has a specialization in any area of legal practice or certification. Attorney not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specializations.
Pascoe Law Firm – Personal Injury Lawyer Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 38 reviews.